“Kick Off to Summer 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sky Tours at YMCA Union Park Camp

Sky Tours at YMCA Union Park Camp
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Dubuque
More attraction details
Owner description: A nine zipline canopy tour built over the hills and valleys of historic Union Park, an early 1900's formal park and gardens. Ziplines range in length from 300'-1,000'. Includes four modest hikes over game trails and includes a dual 800' zipline which allows riders to race over the valley floor. The concluding zip, over 1,000 feet long, literally drops out of the sky. Open to the public daily from May through October with advance reservations.
Davenport, Iowa
“Kick Off to Summer 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a must do attraction if your in the Dubuque area. This was a first time experience for myself, my Son(10) and Daughter(12). It takes about 2 hours to complete the course, with minimal hiking between some of the zip lines. John and Nate were the best guides you could ask for. They were fun but did not let that stand in the way of safety at all times. We met a lot of good people from many different places. We will definitely do it again.

Grundy Center, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I surprised my wife for her birthday and booked a zip line tour on Saturday afternoon. I am not the adventurous type while she certainly is. I was nervous as we sat and waited to begin but after I made the first "flight" I was hooked. My wife an adrenaline junkie and she certainly got her fix. Our tour guides, Jon and Nate, were fantastic. They were very courteous, engaging, helpful and wanted everyone to enjoy themselves. I can't wait to go back, we began planning our next visit while walking to our car to head home. Thanks!

1 Thank Bobthebuilder1976
Des Moines, IA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Give it a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had so much fun doing this. The staff was completely competent and helpful and patient. Everything is simple, but it is explained clearly, so if you are nervous, it's OK. The guides were interested in our reactions and wanted us to have fun. You get started on two short runs to get you used to the take off and landing. The guides give you advice if you want it and fill you in on the history of the park. If you have never been zip lining before, you can go to Sky Tours and have a fantastic experience. Don't hesitate!

Iowa, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was truly a great experience...beautiful scenery, knowledgeable, gracious staff, completely safe, and an exhilarating experience. A large group of women from our local YMCA went together and all were pleased with our day. Nine lines were available. Only a few steep hikes getting to some. All in all, I would recommend this attraction to everyone, young and old.

Visited May 2014
Iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Zip Lining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I made a visit to Sky Tours at the YMCA Union Park Camp in Dubuque, IA back in September 2013. I should have completed this review a few months ago, but the trip is still fresh in my mind because it was so much fun. Neither of us had been zip lining before so we weren't sure exactly what to expect. We are both quite familiar with the Dubuque area, but ended up exploring new terrain and learning some great local history as well. It was a wonderful way to enjoy nature for a couple of hours. (Wear decent tennis shoes and be prepared to do a bit of hiking in the hills.) The two young men that were our guides for the day were funny, informative and safety conscious. This was a great experience and I recommend it for any type of group; big or small, young or mature. We hope to return soon and take friends and/or family to share in the next adventure...and remember the camera/phone next time.

Visited September 2013