“On par with most Asian buffets...”
Review of Lucky Star buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky Star buffet
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Interesting range of reviews!! I've eaten there several times and here's my thoughts...
Yup, the food is par for the course, but I'm certain almost all Asian restaurant get their food from the same distributor; of course, what they do with it after that is up to them. So, the food; about the same as anyone else's with some variation. The building is showing it age (would be nice if they gave the place a facelift, but I doubt there's enough profit to do so) and parking is a bit of a task. On the "up" side, it has one of the largest buffets, including hand dipped ice cream. For myself, if I'm in an Asian food mood, I'd stop here as well as anywhere else, but I wouldn't drive across town when there's any number of Asian restaurants around. I'd say that some Asian places around are "very good" and some are "poor", but none are "Terrible" or "Excellent".
Moral of my story... If you're in the mood for Asian, just stop in the first one you come to.

There are newer reviews for Lucky Star buffet

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

This place is so disgusting I can't even imagine someone would actually pay to eat there. The only thing lucky about this place is if you don't get sick from eating there. Even the pre packaged food they served (there was a lot) was stale and nasty. If you are brave enough to eat their "sushi" you are more of a man then me!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We went out on a Saturday night at about 6:30 and found the restaurant to be mostly empty. But, the food was hot and there were a lot of options. It does appear to be in need of maintenance and some organization. But, those concerns are mostly cosmetic.

They had a great variety of food available. I liked that they had hot & sour soup (and two other soups). They had a salad bar that wasn't great, but good enough. They also had about ten different kinds of dessert, but most were probably purchased at a nearby grocery store (Swiss cake rolls, oreos, fudge striped cookies, etc.) but they also had six flavors of self-serve real ice-cream. They had about twenty different types of Chinese entrees which ranged from the tame to the adventurous.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you are looking for an authentic Asian dining experience, check out Asian Gourmet down on 11th in between Locust and Iowa. It is literally the cream of the crop. I'm not even going to get into how much Lucky Star buffet sucks, I am sorry but it really does, instead I am going to emphasize how great Asian Gourmet is, it literally has changed my life it is so good. I have never felt better, and more healthy. I have been going to the buffet that is offered almost daily for the past couple weeks. The buffet is offered from 11-1 Monday - Friday, but they are closed Tuesday. Everything is cooked super fresh, by this one older Asian woman, she is awesome. Just do me a favor and forget about Lucky Star, even if you thought it was good. Try Asian Gourmet, and prepare to be blown away. I am not even kidding. Asian Gourmet is the bomb.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

No great but not bad. Good selection of items - nothing spectacular but nothing awful. Kid friendly items.