“Great Staff”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Des Moines
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My wife and I visited Dubuque for the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time. The staff was friendly and they made sure to greet us in the morning during breakfast time to ask how our stay was going so far. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

The location is nice being right off of 151, but it is a couple miles away from the downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Reno_Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 June 2011

from check in it was bad..room wasnt what we thought, wall paper was falling off room seemed to be in need of update no hair accessories best thing was on departure breakfast

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank doodlesome
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We took 2 rooms for a one night stay at this hotel and I am happy with the room, cleanliness and other amenities. It is very near to the Crystal Cave and the Mines of Spain. The front desk people are very polite. Talk to them if you do not know the place and they will suggest you nice restaurants and other things.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank svemana
Iowa
Reviewed 30 October 2010

We always take an annunal Fall weekend trip to the Dubuque/Galena area to go to the "Country Fair in the Park" craft fair in Galena, as well as see all the great fall colors. We have always stayed at the Comfort Inn off highway 151 and have a favorite room we always book. This year, the hotel not only was bought out and is now Econolodge, but changed all new management. We were worried that our "standing" room reservation would not be honored but it was with no problems. The new management team really made sure our stay was great and other hotel personnel were quiet friendly too. We didn't think our stay would be better than it has always was in the past, but it was! They have even expanded the items on the free breakfast and always had cookies and popcorn for guests after 5:30 every day which were kept full into the later night time hours. So.....we booked "our" same room again for the same time next year!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lambabies
Iowa
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Arrived 10PM and asked for King non smoking. Quoted me $89. I asked if they had a better rate. The girl said no. I knew I could stay at the new HILTON Garden Inn for that price and told her. She then came across with $70. That brought the owner/manager out of the back and he assigned the room. The room was OK, but hot. I turned on the AC but only warm air. I called the desk and was told to wait 10 minutes and it would cool down. Being tired I fell asleep immediately, only to wake up at 2:30 sweating profusely. I called the desk and received a very nice "I am sorry, do you want another room". It's AC worked well immediately In the morning I asked the owner for some compensation and he told me I was switched to a better room and forget it. I protested to no avail. I left telling him he could read about himself on TRIPADVISOR. Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across from the Diamond Jo Casino. All you have to do is show a Diamond Jo card to get $89 rate. They are free at the casino.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
heartlandmanagement, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
It is our intention at Heartland Inn South that each guest enjoy their stay with us. When situations occur, we do our best to rectify them as quickly as possible and make amends for any inconvenience that a guest may experience.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2009

My wife and I (both retired) stayed for one night in August 2009. Located on a busy highway but far enough away to still be quiet, it has an unimpressive exterior, but is OK inside. Friendly staff, free cookies and popcorn each evening and a rate that is hard to beat. We paid $72 for a Friday night. The room was adequate, clean and comfortable with interesting features. No pictures on the walls, no closet but a exposed wall rack with hangers for clothes. Cable TV with HBO, and a small indoor pool.
Breakfast was included and had a good variety consisting of the usual juices, cereals, bagels, doughnuts, breads, but also hardboiled eggs and biscuits and gravy and make-your-own waffles. We would stay there again.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pno2ner
Clear Lake, IA
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Nice room, helpful front desk and good breakfast. Last place in town available! Good price for the local demand.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family