“Thanks for a relaxing evening and breakfast.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Chicago
“Thanks for a relaxing evening and breakfast.”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

There was no other room available along the entire strip of US-20 through Dubuque, for this was Saturday September 29, Homecoming weekend for all the surrounding colleges. All the nearest hotels in Illinois and Wisconsin were also sold out. We pulled into the Baymont behind a busload of "antiques" that had just gambled through their wheat ear pennies and were returning to the Baymont. I didn't have much hope of finding a good room at a decent price. I was wrong. The Baymont turned out to be one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels we ever stayed at. The next day we were greeted by young "Sara" who showed us to the breakfast room and had everything refilled for us. Everything went well and the price wasn't bad either. Now we'll know where to stay next time.

Room Tip: Talk to the friendly staff and they will direct you to the best room for the best deal.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
MADISON
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Several couples were gathering for a quick rendezvous in Dubuque and the Baymont had rooms available. We expected clean, couteuos, convenient -- and indeed that's what we got - at a reasonable price. The morning "breakfast" was OK and the room was adequate - clean and comfortable. As we expected.

MONMOUTH
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This hotel was very nice. The breakfast was good and the room comfortable. The room was quiet and had been updated with flat screen tvs.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Nice enough, nothing out of the ordinary. The drain in the tub did not drain as it should, but upon reporting the issue to the front desk, we found the problem was resolved by the following morning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Newton, Iowa
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I drove into Dubuque on Wednesday 9/26/12 on our honeymoon, after being on the road for a few hours. I have to admit, the Happy Hour sign outside the hotel was a quick selling point. We got our rate (which was considerably lower than other hotels in the area) and were expecting to have ameneties associated with a cheaper rate. We were wrong! The staff was all exceptionally friendly and helpful, showing us on a map different destinations to see while in Dubuque. We did not meet one staff member that was unfriendly or unprofessional. The hotel and specifically our room were clean and comfortable. I have paid far more for less. We were very pleased with our stay. I wish I could remember all the staff's names, but I do know Sara checked us out the next morning and was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you very much for your response. I am glad we were able to quickly resolve the issue for you. We appericiate your business and hope to see you again.
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I was part of a group staying 2 nights on a weekend trip around the area. Breakfast area is larger than average so there was no problem finding a table. Sarah was especially helpful at the registration counter when turning in my key. She had a quick smile and suggested filling out the questionnaire on my stay.

Room Tip: My room 239 overlooked the parking area so I could see where my motor coach was parked. I was able...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Fayette, Iowa
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stopped and stayed in this hotel on our way to Oshgosh, Wisconsin. The hotel was close to shopping. The room was clean. They had a good breakfast the next morning- waffles, bagels, yogurt and biscuits and gravy and fresh fruit.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family