Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$99
US$144
Country Inn
US$133
US$116
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque(Dubuque)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$80
Fairfield Inn Dubuque(Dubuque)
US$117
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwafflesbiscuits and gravycontinental breakfastwill stay there againexercise roomking suiteconvenient locationnice staythe breakfast areaget awaymississippi riverkimsaunawalmartcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Rooms were clean and comfortable. I wish I could
have taken the bed home with me! I never slept so well. The pool is very small and not enough outlets in the rooms. The continental breakfast is awesome. Waffles, biscuit and gravy, doughnuts, toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, english muffins, juice, coffee. Nice eating area. Staff was very friendly. Many outside entries for easy access to rooms. Our particular room had a problem with the cable t.v. We did not get nearly as many channels as we were supposed to. Would've liked the kids to be able to watch cartoons.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 29 November 2006

I stayed at the Heartland Inn for 1 night during a business trip to Dubuque in November 2006. The room was adequate... about what you'd expect from this type of hotel. It seemed clean enough. I agree with a previous review about the lighting -- even with all the lamps on in the room it seemed dark. The room contained a mini-refrigerator, which was a nice touch. The heater unit in the room had a fan that ran continuously (rather than cycling on and off), which I tend to like since it drowns out any exterior noise.

I did not visit the pool, so I can't comment on it.

The front desk had cookies around the time I checked in (5 pm), and there was also a movie theater-style popcorn machine and I believe the front desk attendant said they had complimentary soup in the breakfast room.

I enjoyed the complimentary expanded continental breakfast. It wasn't huge but it had everything you need to get you on your way -- waffles, biscuits and gravy, toast, oatmeal, etc. Much better than some places that just have donuts and juice.

My only minor complaint is that the rooms do not include an iron and ironing board -- generally a necessity for the business traveler. I had to go to the front desk to get an iron and one of those mini-ironing boards, which you set on a table top and are somewhat difficult to use.

Despite the iron/ironing board issue, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank wjb112799
Reviewed 4 May 2006

We stayed two nights at the Heartland Inn West, April 25 & 26th, Had a deluxe corner room with sofa & recliner. The King bed was very comfortable with nice bedding. Room was very clean and large enough for our needs. Bathroom very clean with nice large towels, the hair dryer was missing but the front desk gave us one. Bath had nice lighting also. The only negative thing about the room was the poor lighting in main room for reading what is needed are 100watt bulbs. We asked for a "no smoking room" which was granted, but the hallway had a strong odor of smoke for being a non smoking area. Breakfast room was very nice & clean with the typical fare, plus some added choices. The building and grounds were kept up and clean. The hallways are showing their age and are in need of some attention, the front desk staff (Chris & Jason) get an A+ in our book. They treated us very well, helping us with dining suggestions etc. A good place to stay when in Dubuque Iowa about a 10 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank WAIDMANNSLUST
Reviewed 30 May 2005

Fast check in, friendly clerk. I asked for 2 deluxe rooms, got 1. Price supposedly the same for standard or deluxe but they already gave us $10 off each room for the problem. Standard room was king bed, Serta Perfect Sleeper and very comfy. Nicely decorated room, very clean, no signs of wear & tear. Older A/C but effective & quiet. Older 19" TV, OK picture, lots of channels. Clean bathroom. Deluxe room extra large with 2 windows. 25" TV, microwave, refrigerator as in the standard room, very large bath. Nice breakfast area, bagels, muffins, waffles, cereal, juices. Yes, the pool is small, more like 20' x 20', similar to the Fairfield down the street. I saw those rooms, the Heartland is nicer.

• Stayed: May 2005
6  Thank BaldLoonie
A TripAdvisor Member
akron, ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2004

Pool is really small - 10 ft x 10 ft and 4 foot deep. Probably better hotels in the area

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member