“found by chance...will find a way to get back soon!”
Review of Potosa Spa

Potosa Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Set aside a little time to take good care of yourself. Inspired by the Native American Medicine Wheel, designed with tranquility in mind, true to the culture and history of Dubuque, and restorative for mind and body, Potosa Spa provides a full array of facials, massages, body treatments, and salon services - including signature services you will find only at Potosa Spa. Located in the lower level of Hotel Julien Dubuque.
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had some time due to a scheduling error and found myself stopping in for lunch at Hotel Julienne...once I learned they had a spa, I checked to see if they had any openings...lucky for me it was a slow day. I ended up booking a package and having THE BEST spa experience I have ever had in the ~20 years I have been a spa-addict. : ) They were not rushed at all and made me feel so relaxed....It's the only time I've ever felt like I really got the value from what was paid. 50 minute massage was 50minutes MINIMUM, not 10 minutes to let me relax, not 10 minutes to talk about it...same with the facial...she didn't leave the room while the steam or mask was "setting"...she gave me a hand and foot massage! I finished with a haircut that also included a great scalp massage. Everyone was soooo friendly and yes it was a slow day but looking at the other reviews, I bet it had nothing to do with it. I stopped back down at Carolines and finished with a glass of wine. I was so relaxed, all I needed was someone to drive my back to my hotel. I can't wait to go back! Thanks Mickey & Shirley....

All reviews
"monthly"
"membership"
"julien"

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I signed up for the Spa Monthly Membership and am in my second month. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff go above and beyond to make the experience amazing!! You get a comfy robe and sandals before going into the lounge with a cozy fireplace to get ready for your service. I have gone to Mickey S. both times for my massage and she did a fantastic job (I enjoy medium to hard pressure) and made me feel relaxed and rejuvenated after!! She went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable the whole time. Can't wait to go again next month!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went here for a surprise gift on my birthday! They had excellent customer service!!
I have absolutely no complaints.
We did a couples massage.
The massages and the aroma therapy oils were wonderful!
I love that their products are organic!
I will definitely be coming back to check out more of their services.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've been to Potosa Spa twice for massages and facials. They exceeded my expectations each time. Staff is very professional and welcoming. You are greeted with a robe and sandals to relax in the relaxation lounge. Restroom/shower, lounge and service rooms are always very clean and organized.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very relaxing atmosphere at Potosa Spa. Sarah gave me an excellant massage. Had my first facial with Diane C. & would definitely have one again. Service was a mini facial but included massage on my neck & shoulders, legs & feet. I appreciated the advice about my face & Diane recommending a product but not in a pushy way. Everyone at the spa was very professional. I love the relaxation room. I come early & stay after just to spend time in the relaxation room.