“$50.00 For What?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crust - CLOSED

Crust
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wisconsin
“$50.00 For What?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went here in July 2014. Located by Hotel Julian in downtown Dubuque area. Very limited menu. They did have free breadstick bites and sauce. Soda pop was $2.95. Prices were outrageous for what you get. Waitress was somewhat friendly. The other workers were hanging around, and flirting with each other. We ordered an small pizza and pasta dish. Food was just OK but could have cooked a better meal at home. Had to send the food back once. Waitress forgot our salads and appetizers although there was only about 8 people dining at the time. Other customers were visibly upset with the service. It had the bistro look to it. If you want a better Italian style meal I would drive a few miles to the Olive Garden up town. Don't waste your money.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I visited Dubuque from North Carolina, Friday until Monday. I ate at Crust on Sunday afternoon. I sat at the bar. I My waiter recommended the Thai One On pizza. I ordered it along with a small side salad. I ordered draft beer to and water as well.
The pizza was excellent. The salad was very good. The draft beer was very good as well. My service was second to none and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone. The building itself is nice and has a great view of the outside if one wants it.

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The space, located on Main Street, is well laid out and has great huge windows looking outside. The wood floors and tables and benches add to the overall ambience. The food could use a little bit of help, though. The starter, tomato cream basil soup was terrific and from there, the meal went downhill. The three of us had different main dishes. The pasta was overcooked, the marinara sauces had way too much red pepper flakes, and the salad was way overdressed with salad dressing. The choices of what you can add to your pasta or pizza are nice but the yeasty pizza crust was much better than the toppings.

Fruita, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I went here to have a nice relaxing dinner after an 8 hour drive into Dubuque. We had a Caesar Salad which was the best salad I have ever had. The waitress was fantastic and when I finished my glass of wine, they came right over and offered me another glass. The atmosphere, service and the salad was wonderful.
While we were there, we noticed younger families coming in with younger children for the pizza. I believe anyone could enjoy the meal, young or old alike. The cost was decent. The person pouring my wine also told us of some the sights around town to visit. Just a nice friendly place to eat.

• Visited July 2014
Illinois
“Crust=YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Was in Dubuque today and went here for an early dinner. Age ranges of our party from 10-50. From the Bread Nuggets they start you out with to the design your own pasta dish, our experience was nothing but outstanding! Our server, Cat, was absolutely wonderful. She was very attentive and helpful. And the food was just Delicious! Prices are what you would expect for the portion sizes and quality that you receive. I would definitely eat here again if I was ever in the area.

• Visited August 2014