“Nice facility”
Review of Diamond Jo Casino

Diamond Jo Casino
Ranked #11 of 71 things to do in Dubuque
More attraction details
Owner description: Dubuque, Iowa is overflowing with things to do and see. Try your luck in Dubuque's state-of-the-art casino, Diamond Jo, or enjoy all the sights, sounds and tastes of the city. No matter your particular taste, Dubuque has it!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Dubuque on a girl's trip and we stayed close by the casino...visited twice and had a good time..there's a pretty good mix of machine types and denominations...beverage servers were pretty attentive. Saturday night seemed to draw the local crowd and some of them were on the rude side...I was sitting at a machine, had money in it, but had taken a momentary break and was visiting with my aunt when a regular walked up and asked if I was playing...I said yes and was quickly told it was her favorite machine and if I was done she would like it...ummm...nope ! Proceeded to hit $900 while she watched! Other than that, I would go again if in the area!

1  Thank kferg9
in 35 reviews
"dealers"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to Diamond Jo's for dinner at the Woodfire Grille and had a fantastic experience. The food was great and the waiter was very knowledgable about food and wine pairings. We really enjoyed it. Afterwards we stopped in the casino to do a little gambling and at first I thought they had no smoking. The air was so clean. I did notice people smoking so their air system must be top of the line. A wonderful place if you want to come and gamble and not be overwhelmed by smoke. The night was complete when I won $210.

1  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We come here occasionally. Really enjoy their buffet. Food is fresh and well presented. They have a great selection. The service is good and meal is reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Pretzelcity
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very nice casino and if you go on a Wednesday and are over 50, you get some very nice perks. There is a free slot tournament, you get a buffet for only $7, and you also get free tickets to the comedy club. The buffet was very good with a nice selection of food choices. We ate the evening meal. It was fun going to the comedy club, gave us something different to do. We are already planning another trip on a Wednesday!