“Tired.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

For most of my long life I have enjoyed the food and friendship at this restaurant. They had the first broasted chicken, a great appetizer plate and just great food.
This last visit was a disappointment. We went on chicken special night. The chicken was ok, the 2 fish dinners were not to par. Mushy, tasteless.
People, this place is a treasure, even without Butch Herbst. Get back into business. This is not just a hangout for the neighbors, serve some food !!

1  Thank C H E

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I are touring Wisconsin and nearby locales sampling supper clubs featured in The Supper Club Book published in 2013. We were supper club lovers long before the book was published and I have to say our experience at the Moracco stands up there with our favorite all time experiences. Locals at the bar were eager to engage and share their stories, talk about the history of the place and owners, and tell us all about their favorite foods and drinks. Tim at the bar, one of the co-owners, poured great drinks and treated us first-rate. Hillary, Tim's sister, was a fantastic server. My tenderloin and lobster were very tasty, and my wife enjoyed the "World's Best Chicken"! The bar still serves ice cream drinks and we really enjoyed our post-dinner Brandy Alexander. Although the service and food quality was excellent, what really creates memories at a restaurant are the connections with owners, staff, and patrons. We could not have done better than the Moracco. Just take a moment to seek out Tim, Hillary, Jeanne, or Garry. They'll repay your interest with great conversation, food, drink, and service. We will be recommending them to all our friends and family. Good supper clubbing!

1  Thank mpone
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Moracco takes you back into time not forgotten, but relaxed and enjoyed. From the "welcome" as you walk in the door, to the offer of a seat at the rail or a table, the service extends from start to finish. While not an elite selection on the menu, it is large enough to offer something good for everyone. The "piece de resistance" is the crackers with cheese, braunswauger, and minced ham spreads to enjoy with your salad. Tonight, we have chicken dinner special (always extra to take home to the father in law) and the walleyed pike....that must have been a record catch since it was the most I've had served before. All of that on top of knowing at least 10 people is the real charm of the Heiar's Moracco and Dubuque.

1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We called around to seat a party of 10 on a Saturday night and found the Moracco. Our fears that an open table for 10 meant it was less than great were immediately disproved as we were seated in a bustling dining room and provided the best service I've ever had in a large party like that. The place was packed and we were provided with two servers and never had a moment of need. The food is OUTSTANDING. Good old style steakhouse rib eye for me and fried walleye for my wife. Done perfectly as ordered. We'll be back.

1  Thank Duane98
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This place offers fun and I think it's because of their waitstaff! Often we get a young person who is willing to visit with us and share a story or two. The food is always a winner and if you have to wait a bit, the bartender will be glad to entertain you at the bar. Great place to eat.

1  Thank Joan D