“"Best Mexican Food in the Dubuque area"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Best Mexican Food in the Dubuque area"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is the best Mexican food in town because it authentic. There is the" flavor" that you wont' find at the other Mexican restaurants in Dubuque. The owner/chief will even go out of his way if you ask for something a little extra. Through out my travels, this is the only place in Dubuque that I would recommend eating Mexican food if you want the real deal.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sadie T

Naperville, Illinois
“Decent Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stopped in here while visiting Main St. for the Jazz Fest. We had Margaritas, which were OK, but not the best I've had. Large menu with lots of combo options.

• Visited September 2013
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Simply the best Mexican food around, great value with real flavor not the blandness of most dubuque restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Has it strong points, and not so strong...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

On the down side, they're a bit short staffed for the dinner rush. It took me 35 minutes to get my lunch. The place looks nice, seats about 50 folks, parking is so-so as you may have to park a block away during a busy time. No problem parking close during off times. In my opinion, the food was quite authentic and tasted even better than I'd expected before I walked in. On the up side, it was really good food. I'm already planning to go back, just not during the rush at lunch time. I really think that if you're in a Mexican food mood, you'll really enjoy this place. Cost was a nice value for the dollar. 20 bucks fed two of us. Large menu. I'd have given it 5 circles if I hadn't been kept waiting quite so long.

• Visited August 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Best Mexican Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

The food here is absolutely amazing! The prices are great especially compared to how good the food is! The service was very nice! Needless to say my boyfriend and I will not be dining at any other Mexican restaurants in Dubuque from now on! In conclusion I highly recommend stopping at Adobos next time you find yourself craving some good Mexican in Dubuque!

~Shelly