“classic supperclub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Folks,,, this place is what your looking for if you want that "classic supper club" experience!!!! cool atmosphere,,,friendly staff,,and patrons....lets start with the salad bar,,,,classic with homemade dressing,,,usual fresh salads,,,LIVER PATE' unexpected and VERY GOOD on crackers!!!! my GF had the ribeye,,,cooked med just like she wanted it,,,,I had the broiled walleye with french fries cooked crisp,,,,just the way i like em!!! she had the tasty hash browns with cheese and onions,,,,after a VERY satisfying meal we went up to the bar for after-dinner drinks. Buddy himself was tending bar,,,,he made the GF a VERY tasty,,, refreshing,,,"grass-hopper" I had a VERY GOOD "old-fashion" and i did'nt even have to work him thru the recipe!!!!! that's a problem i have with alot of places anymore,,,,young bartenders don't have a CLUE on how to make the "classic" cocktails!!! but thats another story....All-in-All We had a VERY GOOD experiance at BUDDYS and WILL be back!!!!!
ps next time i want to try the prime rib "hot-beef sandwich!!!!!!
and my apologies to the COOL waitress,,,i was going to mention your name,,,but i forgot it!!!!

1  Thank jeff s

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent stop to have a great steak or prime rib! The atmosphere is great for a casual night out and service is exceptional. Often times it will one of the owners who take care of you.
We have even stopped in for a couple after golf drinks at the bar.

1  Thank Backindubuque
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped by Buddy's Clubhouse following other reviews on TripAdvisor while staying in Dubuque on a Thursday evening. At first I was a little sceptical, the outside of the building is nothing fancy and you could quite easily drive by it without knowing. Once inside we were seated by Buddy's wife who was very welcoming and helped explain a couple of the things on the menu for us. Admittedly the inside is very simple but this all adds to the charm.

We ordered the stuffed salmon and the Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. We also enjoyed the salad bar which included homemade dressing. The stuffed salmon was fine, perhaps a little bland, but nothing too fancy. The Pork Tenderloin sandwich on the other hand was great. It was tender and well seasoned, I don't think it would be possible to fault it.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were from out of town and found this place on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. Small place, with about 12 tables and a bar, with mostly a local crowd. Our server was very friendly, and my Old Fashioned was made very well by Buddy himself. My husband had the prime rib, which had an excellent flavor and could be practically cut with a fork. I'm not a huge fan of steak, but ordered the top sirloin which also had a very good flavor. Soup and salad bar come with your meal, and the stuffed pepper soup was excellent! My only critique that holds me to 4 "stars" was that the lettuce on the salad bar was nearly gone and a bit of it was turning. We were there a bit late - around 8 - but we still expected to be able to eat a salad. Other than that, as I grew up going to supper clubs with my parents, I appreciated the atmosphere and that the steaks weren't shipped in on a truck. I thank you for a great meal.

1  Thank M R
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can't speak for anything else on the menu as their prime rib is so good I always get that they also have a small salad bar which is a nice touch as most restaurants don't offer supper club feel. The atmosphere is friendly and the owners are very caring people who make sure that their customers are happy. I highly recommend going on Friday or Saturday when they offer the prime rib as it is excellent

1  Thank DaniBB043