“Exceptional bookstore!”

River Lights Bookstore
Ranked #5 of 14 Shopping in Dubuque
More attraction details
Owner description: An independently-owned local bookstore with lots of charm, character and fantastic book and magazine recommendations.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 December 2013

As a librarian, I know my books and my bookstores. I was very delighted and impressed with the River Lights Bookstore. The people who were working in the store were incredibly knowledgeable about books and everything else they sold. They had some very interesting small items, as well as books. I was offered a chance to become a member in their frequent buyer club with just the last four digits of my phone number. On top of all that, Lulu the resident pug was a delight! An excellent place to shop. I will definitely drive two hours to make a return trip!