“Ichiban lives up to it's name ! Number 1 !”

Ichiban Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #13 of 221 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We are really very fortunate to have a Japanese restaurant the quality of Ichiban . Ichiban in Japanese means number 1 . For a restaurant in the USA and Dubuque , IA the quality is excellant . The fish is very fresh and of a good quality . The hibachi side of the restaurant is also very good,
and again the quality is outstanding . I have been going to Japan for the last 40 years and would recommend this restaurant highly .The only thing I miss is the restaurant is not run by Japanese and I can't order my sushi in Japanese . Give yourself a treat and try this wonderful restaurant . It is usually packed on the weekends so be sure to make a reservation .

1  Thank John L

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Mom got the Shrimp Tempura Bento Box. She could not believe how much food she got and ate almost all of it.
I ordered two appetizers and loved them both. The Goyza was delicious. The two sushi rolls I ordered were presented beautifully and very delicious.
Will be going back the next time I am home.

1  Thank LynnieChampaign_Il
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have been to the Hibachi side several times. It food gets better each visit and it was great on the first visit. The cooks have great showmanship skills and put on a great show!

1  Thank Katen D
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We always go for sushi, but the hibachi side looks interesting. They have a huge sushi menu and we are working our way through it. Don't know how authentic the signature rolls are but everyone we have tried have been excellent.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This place is in a perfect location. It is close to the mall and only a few minutes from downtown. The service was quick and pleasant. If you like squid I highly recommend their squid salad. It was some of the best I have even eaten. Will return to this place!

1  Thank JonathanM6