“More sashimi than I could eat”

Ichiban Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #14 of 211 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place is beautiful on the inside and has a hibachi table as well as sushi bar - very generous portions and good selection.

2  Thank NMEBEAR

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Neat experience AND great food! Lunch menu was very reasonable with very generous portions and nice people.

1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great service, good atmosphere (you almost forget it used to be a Country Kitchen) and the sushi and rolls are divine. The hibachi is good, and the hibachi chefs put on a good show, but I go for the rolls and the sashimi. With a cold Sapporo..mmmm. I have been here 3 times this month and think I am developing a serious addiction. This is my current favorite restaurant in Dubuque. I took my cousin from California there. He has lived in San Francisco and LA. He was a bit skeptical of Iowa sushi, but said that it is as good as any he has had in CA, and he eats it a lot. He got me hooked on the seaweed salad. Sounds disgusting but is marvelous. Soup and salad- meh. Their gyoza are good, and I actually like their mustard dipping sauce, though I prefer the soy based sauce. I plan on working my way through their menu. Totally worth the prices.

1  Thank Kimshiro B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ended up here twice in one week and they even remembered us the second time around. Was really busy both times but we were seated rather quickly since there was only 2 of us. The sushi was great. My husband loved their soup and we both liked the salad. Everything fresh and made to order.

2  Thank CarrieH_11
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Extensive Japanese menu...great sushi and hibachi menu choices. Food and service was excellent ...would definitely go again