“Super”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Super”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We loved the theater and the play that we saw. You need to know how to pick your seat. Very enjoyable evening.

Visited August 2014
BellTowerTheater, Manager at Bell Tower Theater, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thanks very much! We hope to see you again soon.

Des Moines, Iowa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cinnamon Rolls”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ran into Yale looking for gas and discovered there is none. What we found was a nice little store that sold a variety of things that did not include tobacco or alcohol products. What they do have is Cinnamon Rolls. We gathered up some snacks and put them back as soon as we discovered the owner had an oven in the store and was pulling a rack out. It's located on the bike trail and am sue it's been discovered. I believe a lot of folks know this and are keeping it a secret.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Gary N
Dubuque, Iowa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Laughter is the Best Medicine”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This small theatre means there are no bad seats. If you are short, ask for seating in one of the raised rows. You can have buy pop, candy, even wine to enjoy during the performance. We attend all the plays here because most of them are hilarious. Many of them I never heard of, yet I've been treated to many evenings of laughter courtesy of these performers. "Granny's Naughty Nickers' was one of my favorites. I took my 80-year-old mother and don't believe she has ever laughed so hard. It's fun to go on Thursday night with a group of women for Ladies Night (free glass of wine), too. Book your seats early as they sell out fast. We already have our seats for August performance of "The Waist Watchers". Enjoy

Visited February 2014
Thanks so much. We hope to see you again soon.
Galena, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“An Extraordinary and Classy Little Theater”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I enjoy attending plays, concerts and musicals around the Dubuque, IA area. We recently had a chance to attend the Bell Tower Theater for the first time, seeing "Every Crook and Nanny." The actors and actresses, from the playbill, appear to be mostly local artists who are accomplished and enthusiastic in plying their craft. It was a hilarious comedy, much appreciated by the audience. What makes this theater appealing is it seats maybe 175 people in comfortable chairs with even people in the last row close to the stage. There is a very small snack area at the rear of the theater and it can get a little tight buying a drink or snacks during the intermission. Parking is available right outside the entrance door with no more than a short walk for showgoers. There are stairs leading down to the theater and we did not notice if there was an elevator. There is a coat room at the bottom of the stairs. tickets are about $20.00. We will be back as this was certainly an enjoyable local experience.

Visited October 2013
BellTowerTheater, Manager at Bell Tower Theater, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thanks so much. We hope to see you again!
Maquoketa
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wonderful small theater!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I just made my second trip to the Bell Tower Theater. What a beautiful old building. The plays are performed by local talent and they are amazing. I just saw Motherhood The Musical and I don't recall ever laughing so much in my life. I had 3 friends from Wisconsin join me for the weekend and went to the Sunday matinee before they went home. They said it made the ride fun as they continued to talk about the play. I have already purchased my ticket for the next show and plan to buy a season ticket for next year. The cost for tickets is very reasonable and the shows are for several evenings and a Sunday matinee making it easy to find a time. Definitely keep it in mind if you're going to be in the Dubuque area!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Joyce O
Thank you very much! Please visit us again.