“Best kept Secret on Main Street .... look for it!”
Review of Pepper Sprout

Pepper Sprout
Ranked #7 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had six diners at this lovely restaurant, two weeks ago. Although on Main Street, it was not easy to find; so remember it is close to the Julian Hotel. The waiter was perfect, in every respect! Our food was delicious and presented with artistry. Rhubarb pie was a real treat, as the grand finale. Dubuque is a beautiful and active Iowa river town that nobody should miss visiting. The architecture, four colleges/ universities, and art venues give this town of 65-80k an unexpected charm and excitement that should be explored. Top off the visit with a tremendous meal at Pepper Sprout.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Julien (AWESOME!) and ate here for dinner. It was the Summer Menu and the food was excellent. My wife had the Asian glazed salmon with seasonal vegetables, which were excellent. Unfortunately, they were out of the asparagus, which she really wanted. I had the beef tenderloin, which melted in my mouth, with spinach and cheddar mashed potatoes and the seasonal vegetables. Excellent! The meals came with salad and bread. The bread was tasty, very fresh and warm.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Second trip to the Pepper Sprout, last time was fall. The menu changes seasonally, and my Wife & I both agreed it was better in the fall, ( great use of pumpkin, etc...) The baked brie appetizer seemed different from the fall when we dined last (again- use of in seasonal products?) This trip I had the ribs special, while tasty, it was nothing spectacular. What I like about the PS is it's unique entree choices, I thought it missed the mark for me this time. I'll be back though, still a cool venue (great 70's rock playing ever so softly in the back ground) great wine selections. It's a bit spendy, but worth it if you like to try new things.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good food. Nice menu selection. Good service. Have been here several times and have never been disappointed. One of the best places to eat in Dubuque.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went here to celebrate our mom for a pre-Mother's day celebration. The service was awesome, the atmosphere was great. The food was outstanding. It did take a bit for our salads to come out, but they were worth the wait. They advertised having all sorts of unique cocktails, but didn't have a list available to see. I had the boneless BBQ rib over asparagus and cheesy grits, and it was delectable. I would definitely go there again.

Been to Pepper Sprout? Share your experiences!