“Great food and coffee!”
Review of Europa Cafe - CLOSED

Europa Cafe
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Great place, I just wish it were closer to downtown so I could eat there on my lunch breaks. Service was excellent and they have some of the best coffee in town.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Small restaurant tucked away in an odd plaza just about 1.5 miles away from the Fairfield Inn (where I stayed) and where I noticed a Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites nearby. One of the only non-chain restaurants right near these hotels off upper Dodge Street. If you don't feel like fussing with the traffic in town, it's an especially good choice if you're at one of these hotels. Took me 5 minutes to get there. Exceptionally pleasant and attentive young lady seated me, brought beverages very promptly and made some recommendations relative to the menu. Not an extensive menu, but sufficient and tasty - enough good choices to pick from ... I opted for the chicken Kiev. Family operation -- Ukrainian heritage. Incredibly reasonable prices, nice choices, decent wine ($4 glass on the house wine, which actually was pretty good and I'm fussy about the Cabernet I drink). Enjoyed speaking with the hostess-owner who had returned to Dubuque to build this business following a period as an international student in that community. Food was good but service was what would make me return again.

1  Thank NortheastJSj
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food in this restaurant is amazing. Having tried at least 5 different menu items I can honestly say that I've never had anything bad. However...if you are in a hurry, this is not the place to go. It is a quaint cafe that promotes the true pleasure of food. Family owned, you must be ready to go, relax over conversation with friends and just let the relaxed atmosphere take over.

1  Thank TerriG1960
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I heard about this place from the staff at the Holiday Inn on the arterial and was very happy I gave it a shot. I would describe it as Ukranian or Russian. Hotel provided me a coupon for a free glass of wine which was nice because my company doesn't cover alcohol. Food was VERY good. I will return.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Right on a main intersection but tucked back hard to find unless you know they are there. Hotel staff recommended and I am glad they did. Menu is what I would call eastern European or Slavic...not what I would expect to find in a small Midwestern town. Delicious food and great service. Owners were both on hand and take pride in their offerings and making sure thier guests are satisfied. .