“Great service and nice room”

Hampton Inn Dubuque
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here last time I was in town and was very impressed, so booked it again. I travel around the state and am generally required to stay in a place that offers the state gov. rate to state employees. I don't always find somewhere as nice as this Hampton Inn that offers a state rate. Convenient location, nice pool and hot tub, good gym facility, very clean room. 20 minutes after arrival, I received a phone call from the front desk making sure everything with the room was satisfactory. I've had a great experience here and will definitely stay here next time I'm in town!

1  Thank JLTS10612

Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you are looking for excellent classy service, this is the place where you want to stay. I have stayed in five different locations of Hampton Inn in the United States and each has given excellent service. The service is better than words aslone can express.

1  Thank Charles Y
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family of 5 decided to book this Hampton with points as a "fun" little break on our way home from Easter. (We didn't need to get a hotel since home was only 2 hours more driving.) Here is our disappointments.
We were not greeted upon entering, but were made to stand & wait until the front desk employee (Steve) took care of a phone call. Next, we learned that even though our reservation was for 5, we had to pay additional for a *roll-away and was told that he is required to inform us that it would be a fire hazard to put in a roll-away?! ) I was told that even though the hotel was very empty, they could not give us a complimentary upgrade of a room with the additional sleeper. The pool was spacious but rather cold. The same employee (Steve) came in right when we arrived to swim to put in more towels. A half hour later, as we were exiting the pool to warm up in the hot tub, the same guy literally raced over to the hot tub as my daughter was entering mumbling about some "off" reading in chemicals he had and that it was closed. He proceeded to dump in a cup of chemicals and told us to stay out for 10 minutes! WHAT!? Couldn't he have taken care of that earlier?..the last time he was here?! Needless to say, the hot tub never happened. The room was average and could have used a little cleaning. Something dropped behind the night stand, and I was grossed out by the layer of dust revealed. Breakfast in the morning was average. No breakfast meat offering unless you like gravy for biscuits. The cut up fruit was diced very finely and almost gone when I arrived. The donuts had a chemical aftertaste. The regular and decaf coffee were super weak but the robust was too strong! Looking back, we wished we would have pushed on through to home.(*Hilton did later remove the fee for the roll-way per our request)

4  Thank Angela E
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here 4 times during an exhausting tax season. The hotel was quiet and the bed very comfortable so I could get excellent sleep. Breakfast was fine. Wifi worked well. Will stay there next tax season when I am too tired to drive home.

Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I always request a room away from the elevator and ice machine. I hate hearing ice machines. My re...
1  Thank TravelingDays
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly! I invite you to talk with Frank or Carol because you will walk away with a smile on your face! After a long day of work I came back in and asked after a bottle of water - Frank went and promptly grabbed it while Carol good-naturedly chatted with me while he was in the back. This is a great, central location in Dubuque and close to a number of great restaurants.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We came to Dubuque as we were going to Dyersville and wanted a place with a pool for the kids to swim. We booked the hotel because of the special that they had in conjunction with tickets for the Mississippi River Aquarium and it was a great deal. The hotel was clean, the people friendly and helpful. All in all it was great and we will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We saw that this place had great reviews and it lived up to them in every way. Beautiful room. Great beds. Clean facility. hospitable staff. Great location.....can't think of a thing in need of improving.