“Calling all with a sweet tooth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Memories

Sweet Memories
Ranked #3 of 11 Shopping in Dubuque
Dubuque, Iowa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Calling all with a sweet tooth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Another family owned gem in the area. Home made candy, hand dipped ice cream (made in Madison, Wisconsin); and other treats too numerous to mention.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank travelingtaster123

SF Bay Area
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

If you're looking for a ice cream shop that does the "basics" (and I mean that in a good way), then this is the place for you. They had just opened for the year when we went (first week of April). The ice cream was delicious, the root beer float thirst quenching.
Prices were reasonable. As per the chamber of commerce, this is the only "real" ice cream shop in town.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Seamsplitter
Iowa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A perfect part of every visit to Dubuque, near the bottom of the cable car.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

I love this cute little shop! Delicious handmade candies, plus many flavors of ice cream. When I bring my bus groups to the cable car, everyone stops here for an ice cream cone and many go back later for more. The propietors are very gracious and accommodating... great examples of friendly midwest hospitality. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but worth it! Everyone leaves this place smiling.

Visited October 2010
4 Thank Kay27
Springville
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Homemade Chocolate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2007

This place is a little expensive, but this one man makes all these different candies and it all looks and tastes so good. My mom went here when we went up on the elevator and when we met her there I was very happy to find some of the best chocolates I've ever tasted. They also have a gift shop with lots of very cute gifts to get yourself or others as souvineers. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get themselves a little treat!

3 Thank Singingstar22