“Wonderful Hotel!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Located on side of expressway. Nothing to write home about exterior wise, but the comfort level fantastic! Clean, very comfortable pillows and beds. Suite worth the extra couple of dollars w/ king and queen beds. Bathrooms on small side but not bad, very clean. Has small divider between beds that gives a tad more privacy. Great staff/manager, unbelievably helpful and considerate. FREE breakfasts are hot meals, you can make your own waffles. Good and satisfying. Pool and hot tub are intimate tho small. Pool stays open until 12 am for adult swim. Nice! Truly a good deal for the dollar. Kids and animals welcome but you do not hear them! They were there and I did not hear them except while I was waiting at elevator. Does it get better than that? I even purchased pillows, they were that comfortable, and made only for Choice hotels! Wonderful stay/hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank marggus5050

Reviewed 21 July 2012

When I arrived, I was greeted by a very friendly employee. She offered freshly baked cookies and lemonade. I had a special request for a room, and it was granted easily with no issues whatsoever.

It was obvious that my room was recently renovated. The furniture was in very good shape and was modern. The beds are pillow tops and are softer than some, but I had a good sleeping experience. The room was very clean and the towels and sheets were of good quality. I had no problems regulating room temperature as you can set what degree you want the room to be at, and it consistently heats/cools to that temperature.

There is a pool but no fitness center. I cannot comment on the breakfast as I did not eat at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located right off of Highway 20 and there are amply restaurants and shopping options within a short drive away.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Corredora23
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We were greeted enthusiastically by Mitch at the front desk. Check in was a breeze. Nice to have an elevator as we were on third floor. Very hot day but the room was cool. I could see that some of the rooms are being renovated. There was new carpeting in the hall and in the room. bed was comfortable and am assuming that it was new. Everything in the room work and had a quiet night's sleep. Breakfast was "standard" Comfort Inn. Stick with a waffle, yogurt, hard boiled eggs or bagel. I would recommend to all.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Fortyplusoutayear
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were totally pleased with our room at the Comfort Inn. It was conveniently located with plently of parking. Great buffet breakfast even included biscuits and gravy and waffles.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maybepat1
Reviewed 26 June 2012

First I was greeted by Kelli what a joy to meet her. She was polite, friendly and bubbley all in one. Check in was a breeze Got to my room and was very pleased with it, very cleaned. Went to eat, took a shower. The adjustable shower head was great. Decided to use the hot tub to relax. Nice hot tub and small pool. Went back to my room. Got ready for bed. Here's the diappointment, the beds need new mattresses. To soft, hurt hips during the night. Deveoloped leg cramps. Actually had to climb out of the bed. Talked to Mitch at the desk in the morning and I was spending the night there. There was nothing he could do and he apologized for the problem. Breakfast was hoof there too. Same issue that night as before. Didn't sleep well. I would have thought an adjustment to the bill could have been made because there was no Comfort at Comfort Inn. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there with a bad back. I will not return till the mattresses have been replaced. I could rate the hotel low because of this. Refuse to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is not the quality Comfort Inn I am used to staying in. I was very disappointed by this property for several reasons. The dead bolt on our room door did not work. The carpeting was worn and the mattresses on the beds were soft. My husband and I slept in separate beds so we wouldn't "roll together" in the middle of the mattress. There was a 1/2 used bottle of hotel shampoo on the bathroom vanity and the coffee pot in the room still had coffee and used grounds in it from the previous occupant. It made me wonder if the room had been cleaned and if the bed linens and towels had been changed. A room on the first floor was being refurbished and the mess was in plain view with ladders propped in the doorway. The lock on the back door of the hotel did not open with my room key and I got drenched in a sudden downpour. I refused to eat the complimentary breakfast after viewing the kitchen which was open when we arrived. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank imfugus
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The staff was friendly, but the room was scary. There was a red stain on the carpet. (I think I'm glad I don't know what it was.) There was damage to the floor (of our 4th floor room) which was unsettling at best. The bathroom was pretty clean, and they had a new TV, but the first impression of that floor really set the stage for the stay poorly. The mattresses were a bit old and soft.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family