“Nice location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Austin, Texas
“Nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here with a large group. Our rooms were very quiet and comfortable. Very clean hotel. We arrived after 10pm and the restaurant staff kept the restaurant open for us so that we could have a late dinner. We had a very good meal with very friendly service. Breakfast was good but a little pricy. We walked around the area and found it to be very nice. Wish we had more time to explore the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn in Dubuque. The hotel is in a great location and only a ten minute walk to the Port of Dubuque. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming, the room was clean and the bed quite comfortable. A small snafu occured with the in-room movies, but the staff responded quickly and professionally. I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone considering an overnight stay in Dubuque.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

The room was very nice, bed comfortable, clean overall. The bathroom must have been recently renovated. It was very pretty and sparkling clean. It was late when I arrived so went to the restaurant for snack. Had an appetizer portion of shrimp which was very good. The staff was very friendly and appeared to know everybody so guess the locals go there. They were saying the burgers are the best in town, but not having had one I can't speak to that. There is no free continental breakfast, but the restaurant serves a great omelet and cup of coffee. I would definitely stay there again. It is a pet friendly hotel by the way.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Norwalk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I visited Dubuque on business and only stayed one night. I was very impressed with the hotel's looks and the rooms were nice and big. I was surprised at how nice it was, since I have to stay in hotels that will take the state government rate. This was certainly a pleasant surprise. Lots of places to eat around the corners and the casino is within walking distance (although they do have a shuttle). It's right by the river in the downtown area. No charge for parking either. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

The great thing about this facility is its location - hands down. Aside from that, it's an Holiday Inn from the 80s. Nice flat screen tv in the room. I had brand new towels - so new that they didn't even wash them, and they left white pieces of thread all over me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Huberm,

Thank you for your review of your stay via Tripadvisor. I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. Please accept my apology on this issue. We hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Despite the challenges you faced I was pleased to note that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Hainesville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have traveled every weekend for the last 8 weeks following my college son’s baseball team. Last weekend’s trip brought us to Dubuque. I had not made a reservation, but when I found out that some other family had made a reservation at the Holiday Inn I decided it would be best to book in the same location. Initially I was turned off based on the fact that this is in the heart of downtown and in an older building.
Once I walked through the doors I was immediately impressed with the size, cleanliness and design of the lobby area. It was obvious to me that the meeting rooms and banquet halls were plentiful and available.
Hallways were wide and long. The room was very clean and the flat screen TV was a huge surprise. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the room was much cleaner than I would have expected in an older hotel.
I will definitely stay here again when in Dubuque.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ngranback, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear BuckRussell,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Dubuque. We are pleased that you were pleasantly surprised with the ambience of the lobby and the overall cleanliness of our guestrooms. We work hard at providing a quality guest experience for all of our guests and will continue to improve. We will be completely renovating our lobby this year and the next time you visit we know that you will again be surprised by the changes. Thank you again for your kind comments.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here because it was close to my destination. I had been driving for quite a while and I was looking forward to a nice hot tub and swim. As fate would have it the pool and tub were closed.The room was nice but my only view was of another building. The TV was nice and big but the controller was reluctant to work, maybe it needed new batteries. In the morning I went looking for the breakfast buffet, but they don't offer a free breakfast - so figure in some extra money into the rate to compare against other hotels. Overall the hotel served its purpose but was slightly dissapointing.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ngranback, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Seavapor,

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Dubuque. Feedback helps us to determine what areas need additional focus.

Please accept my apologies for the pool and whirlpool being closed the week you stayed with us. We were in the process of renovating the pool deck, which may have been frustrating to our guests but was necessary to update. As a general rule, full service Holiday Inns do not offer a complimentary breakfast. We do offer a $20 voucher for breakfast for an additional $10 in the room rate.

Again, Seavapor, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you the next time you travel to Dubuque.