“top rated Hotel”

Holiday Inn Dubuque
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is located in a graet spot in Downtown Dubuque. You are in walking distance of great places to eat and small shops to buy local wares. Ths hotel offeres a shuttle service and breakfast. Even though the parking is in the back of the hotel it still is located easily and I would reccommend it 100% to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Dubuque

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Be carelfull with this Hotel. They still have smoking rooms and you might just be unexpectly placed in one as we did with no chance for a change by Hotel management. I never have smoked in my lifetime yet slept in a stale smokey room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear fasso,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We welcome feedback especially from valued guests like you.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience your room has caused you. I am sorry that the room allocated to you fell below your standards.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and I have yet to be disappointed.

Clean comfortable rooms with a great downtown location. My room was on the first floor and it was still a nice and quiet stay. Nice fitness facility to meet your needs. Indoor pool looked inviting as well. Onsite bar/restaurant had great and friendly service as well as some other customers that made good conversation.

This hotel is located in the center of downtown and within walking distance to many other bars and restaurants. Parking in back was free and I didn't feel my car was unsafe.

Over all this is a nice place to stay for business and I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Terrible stay!! Broken bed springs, very loud halls & neighbors, dingy and dirty look and feel to halls AND room! Beds had dirty crumbs in them....will never ever stay here again! Even if it was a free stay I'd still refuse!! Gross and seriously overpriced should have been a 1or2 star!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the holiday inn!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
ngranback, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Frequent Traveler 1521:

Thank you for the review of your stay in July 2012. Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered, especially with cleanliness of your room. We strive to provide excellent housekeeping services but it is apparent that we let you down. Since your stay here last July we have completed some major renovations to the entire lobby area and will begin with renovations to all guestroom corridors this month, which is part of our effort to keep the hotel appearance fresh and up to date. Again, thank you for your comments and I would look forward to speaking with you about our renovations and making amends for a less than satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here a little while ago now but I guess not much would have changed. This was a very good, reasonable quality hotel in the middle of the town and very handy to everything. Lots of places to eat nearby - we had a steak meal in the hotel restaurant which was excellent. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The whole experience was excellent value for money

Room Tip: Our room faced the car park and the Mississippi River - it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Overall the stay at the Dubuque Holiday Inn was comfortable. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, the beds comfortable. Since I was there for a few days I found I did miss having a refrigerator in the room. I see another review says they had a nice fridge so maybe some rooms have them but that would have been a bonus. The hotel served its purpose - a comfortable place to sleep and lounge. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Overall the Holiday Inn Dubuque was clean and comfortable. The beds had great sleep quality and the room was very clean. The lobby and lounge were everything that was advertised. I booked this hotel because we were staying over the memorial day weekend and I wanted a pool and hot tub for the kids. The pool was small and the hot tub was the smallest I have ever seen. It literally has a 2 person capacity and it was closed for half of our stay.
I like that the elevators required you to swipe your key card to get to our floor. I enjoyed the daily coffee service in the lobby. The kids were disappointed in the pool which was small, filled with adults and smokers.
Again, overall, we had a clean and comfortable stay, it is just that the pool is not great for kids.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear johnnyhotcakes,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you had a clean and comfortable stay. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience about the pool. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Dubuque you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.