Hotel Julien Dubuque
US$86
  • Breakfast included
US$134
2,525 results
All reviewscaroline's restaurantbeautiful hotelriverboat loungepotosa spaal caponecapone suiteaveda productsmodern amenitieswithin walking distancewalk in showerthe rivermain streetdowntown areaking suitewedding receptionget awaydiamond jo casino
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I loved staying here! The decor is excellent in the bedroom and bath. I took pictures of the wallpaper and other parts of the bedroom to see if I could duplicate the look in my home. I only had a little interaction with the staff, but they seemed pleasant and businesslike. I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear AnnieO608,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the room decor of the Hotel Julien Dubuque guestrooms. Many long hours of discussions were held and many samples were reviewed before the final choices were made. Great to read of your liking the choices!

We look forward to your next stay!

The Staff At Hotel Julien Dubuque

Reviewed 12 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Julien on 12/21 and were very happy with our stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the staff was more than friendly and eager to assist. We had a wonderful view, and the shower/bathroom was pretty amazing. Our stay was brief, as we had to check out at 5am to get to our Christmas with family, but we will absolutely be staying at the Julien again.

Room Tip: For the best view, ask for a corner room with a river facing view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear LauriCox,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at Hotel Julien Dubuque!

Your comments will be shared with the team, as they really enjoy hearing of a guest's experience. We hope that on your next visit you will be able to sleep in late and join us for breakfast, or lunch if you are really sleeping in those wonderful and comfortable beds.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

What could be more inviting than staying at the Hotel Julien around the holidays. The decorations were lovely. This is my second stay at the Julien, so I decided to upgrade my family to two suites. The rooms were nicely furnished and very spacious, Front desk staff is always accomodating and friendly. This time we even tried the spa. OMG, the prices were so affordable, that I may have to go back again just to use the spa services. The restaurant offers a nice assortment, but it was so cold in there. Brrrrrrrr. Parking was a challenge as the hotel had two weddings. Maybe next time, I can book the Capone Suite.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GoBadgers
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear GoBadgers,

Thank you for sharing of your family's gathering for the holidays at Hotel Julien Dubuque; what a great way to celebrate! It is even a greater pleasure to read that you are a returning guest of the hotel.

The staff in all departments work very hard to ensure that each and every stay for our guests are comfortable, relaxing, and rewarding. They will enjoy reading of your comments.

We look forward to your next visit to the hotel! And would love to have the staff of Potosa Spa pamper you during your stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Great hotel, in a great location, park your car and walk to many attractions. The hotel is beautiful both public space and sleeping rooms. The rooms are various sizes and very comfortable and roomy. Great Bathrooms and amenities.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a few dollars for a larger room, well worth it. They have some beautiful suites.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kathy c
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Kathy C,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at Hotel Julien Dubuque.

It is always a pleasure to read of one's enjoyment of the hotel, though even more pleasurable to read of a guest's enjoyment of the neighboring areas.

Your comments will be shared with the team. Feedback is the breakfast of champions.

We look forward to your next stay when in the Dubuque area.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

All I can say about this place, wonderful! Not one person who we came in contact with from the initial front desk to the special events planner who actually keep an eye on our motorcycles right outside her office to the house keepers! My only regret is it's so far away from NC!

From the moment you walk in you know you have made the right choice. I travel for a living as an airline pilot and I know good service. Hotel Julien offers outstanding service! The rooms were over the top as far as clean, spacious, quite, amenities and made you almost feel like you were at home.

I really can't single out a particular person who did a better job or more friendly that another. I guess if I had to pick it would be the special events manager who actually did keep an eye on our four motorcycles the whole time.

If you are in Dubuque, it should be your only choice!

Room Tip: I honestly don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. I had a king room that was bigger than any I have ever stayed in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
HotelJulienDubuqueGM, General Manager at Hotel Julien Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear HarleyJetDriver,

Thank you for the kind words that you have shared regarding your stay at Hotel Julien Dubuque. Your comments will be shared with the team at the hotel.

Many riders travel through the expanded Dubuque area as the scenery along the Mississippi River is terrific to experience almost year round. It is also one of those areas that you can be in three different states within about 15 minutes, especially helpful if pursuing the ABCs of riding if a H.O.G. member.

We look forward to seeing you again when visiting the area, by chance for Harley Davidson's 110th Anniversary? We would love to have you stay with us again.

A Fellow HD Rider,