“A good place to stop on the way to...........”

Fairfield Inn Dubuque
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Highland, IN
“A good place to stop on the way to...........”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Never stayed at a Fairfield before but I found it very adequate. Got a room with a fridge and microwave. Pool was closed for repair. Usual good Marriott free hot breakfast included. Located right on major highway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Creston, iowa
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is the second time our group of friends has stayed at the Fairfield Inn for a long weekend and we were not disappointed! The desk staff were so personable and helpful - Carolyn (who was so awersome the first time we stayed, we HAD to come back!), Sherri, Jessica and Dominique. They gave us excellent entertainment suggestions and always greeted us with a smile, whether we were coming or going! They all made us feel so at home - and the rooms were clean and had the best pillows!! The hot breakfast in the morning is great as well. Our group loves Dubuque, and will be back again - and will ALWAYS stay at this hotel ----- your Creston friends: Barb, Tim, Chris, Steve, Peg, Tony, Barb & Ron -- Go Hawks!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This property reminds me of Fairfields from 10 years ago. It is badly in need of a freshening. My room was dirty (old french fries behind the nightstand...yuck!) and housekeeping failed to make up my room during my only day staying here. There don't seem to be many options in the area, but there's probably something better than this. I'll give them this...the front desk lady gave me a friendly greeting every time I came and went, but that's about it for the upside.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Hongisto,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Dubuque. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than pleasant. I apologize that your room was not clean. I assure you I will be addressing this with my housekeeping staff to ensure they are properly cleaning the rooms. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit to Dubuque.

Connie J
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked this hotel more so because I know someone you works there and can give us a discount. So as we arrived to the hotel my aunt goes to checks us in. As she approach the lady at the desk she has an attitude. On top of that she isn't professional enough to cover up her chest tattoo. and she doesn't allow us to use the employee discount. She says she cant do nothing about it. She then tells us if we want to wait for her general manager. So we did and it was not even 5 mins. that after the general manager arrives that she tells us she cannot to do nothing about giving us the discount. No explanation why, she just inconveniently can't. Even when we booked the room all we needed to do was show the discount card. So settled for it and stayed. As we enter our room and see that the king SUITE with QUEEN pull out bed was not what we expected. There was a king size bed but in semi tight spaced room. The pull out bed was a full. So three of us had to share the king size bed. We order extra blankets and they were handed to me rolled up. Over all the management was not appropriate.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Brenda,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we were unable to offer you the friends and family discount that you were looking for. Unfortunately, as I explained to your group that night, it is based on availability so in order to utilize the discount, it must be requested at the time of booking. We would be more than happy to honor the discount in the future as long as it is available and requested at the time of the booking. As a courtesy your second night was discounted to the employee rate. Please accept my sincerest apology for your trouble.

Connie J
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was here for business one night but overall a good stay. Fairfields are not my first Marriott choice but I was pleasantly surprised. For a more interesting stay, consider the Holiday Inn on Main Street.

Pros

The rooms are nicely renovated with soft towels.

Good front desk service.

Breakfast was good and hot—eggs, pork sausage, variety of yogart (full size Danon and not the small Yoplait or Activia).

The location of the hotel is good. It’s across from a shopping area if you need incidentals. There is an Olive Garden right next to the hotel. Not necessarily my favorite, but after a day of travel you don’t have far to go.

Cons

Room 321 has its own area on the floor but is in a strange alcove. It’s nice to have your own area but it opens ups into the stairwell and picks up a lot of road noise (semis) since it is right next to a very busy Hwy. Each floor has one of these alcove rooms.

Room Tip: Be aware of rooms in the alcove--lots of road noise but private (RM 321) There is one on each floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I stayed here one night while on a long road-trip. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Most of the staff was very helpful and friendly (shouldn't let one rotten egg spoil the bunch.) I had a little trouble finding the entrance off the highway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
connie j, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn in Dubuque for your stay. Also , thank you for the comments on the cleanliness and comfort of our hotel. I am sorry if you encountered a staff member that was less than helpful and friendly . We strive to offer the best service to every guest. I would like to personally make sure this does not happen to another guest .If at all possible please contact me so we can discuss further. I do hope that if you are in the Dubuque area again you will stop in.
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was my second stay at this property, both times were for a weekend. My husband and I were visiting family in the area so we weren't at the room at ton during the day. The rooms are not huge and the bathrooms are a bit cramped so I'm not sure it would be comfortable more than the couple days we were there. The hotel grounds, pool, breakfast area, and room were very clean and well maintained. The staff was on top of everything all weekend and were very diligent about keeping the eating area clean and fresh even during the peak breakfast times which can be a challenge, we were really impressed. The pool is busy with children during the day but it's open until midnight and we went after nine and no one was in it. Every time we came in the staff was friendly and charming and eager to help. We had free wifi access in the room. Parking was ample and the property is a short drive to downtown and the casino. Really nothing negative to say about this stay!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in the back and had no noise issues but we went to bed after midnight eac...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family