“Good value and clean facility”

Fairfield Inn Dubuque
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Typical Marriott property. Close to everything as far as restaurants, gas stations etc. Clean, friendly staff. Reasonable rates and safe well lighted location. I'd stay here again if I went through Dubuque.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 November 2013

When my wife & I checked in for a 2 night stay, we received a wonderful welcome from Emily at the front desk. We had requested a room in a quiet location on the 1st floor. That's exactly what we were given. Located farthest from Rt. 20 (Dodge St), room 100 was clean & quiet, except when the heater would cycle on and off with a soft metallic "snap, crackle & pop" sound. I nick-named it "Rice Krispies". When I mentioned this to Connie, the General Manager, at breakfast our last day, she explained how all of the heating/AC units had been taken out & cleaned recently & it was likely not reinstalled properly. She was going to have her maintenance person take a look at it. She is a very caring GM, who looks out for her guests, staff & property. Travelers should understand that this property was built without any suites. The only chair was at the desk. Our room had room for another chair & lamp. This was our only disappointment. We didn't use the pool or hot tub. Although there is no on-site fitness center, complimentary passes to the nearby YMCA are available. The scrambled eggs, sausage & waffles were very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Fairfield by Marriott has many of the full service Marriott touches without the Marriott price.
For a very reasonable rate, one gets a well attended indoor pool and jacuzzi, a fitness room,
a full breakfast, and a variety of lobby amenities. If your business takes you to Dubuque, this hotel is a good value. The service at the desk, especially during evening check-in hours, was excellent.

Room Tip: If your dining taste includes Olive Garden, there is one next door, and the desk may have discount...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul4ejjr
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Even got us a fridge to keep our cheese in! The desk clerk that was working when we checked in was exceptionally nice! Good first impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richie1953
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Well, it's the only Marriott property in Dubuque, so if you have to stay locally, it's the only place to stay.

It is right beside an Olive Garden, so it's decent if you want to have something semi-decent to eat for dinner.

I found the bathroom quite gross (I found two large black hairs on my towels). I didn't bother complaining as I was there only the one night. The morning I was going to check-out the fire alarm went off (of course no fault of the hotel I'm assuming) at 7am in the morning, waking me up and disrupting my entire day as I couldn't ready for work properly. The morning "breakfast" definitely is that of a small town Fairfield Inn.

I do travel every week for work (110+ nights a year) and might recommend this hotel for the business traveler. (Only if you're a Marriott traveler and want your points).

Room Tip: I had my room right beside the Ice Maker (something I wouldn't expect being a Platinum member...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank abastara
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Abastara,
Thank you very much for your review of my hotel. Please accept my apologies that your stay was less than perfect. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience the fire alarm caused you. Also, I am sorry about the towels, and will address your concerns with my housekeeping staff. I hope with our continued efforts to improve you will choose the Fairfield Inn Dubuque again the next time you are in the area.

Connie J.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

On US 20 and easy to find. Right next to Olive Garden resteraunt. Clean, pleasant, and comfortable environment. Freindly and helpful staff. It provided everything we needed for a nice stay. Clean swimming pool, and no chlorine smell in the hallway. It was cool and rainy, but the hotel was warm and comfortable.

Room Tip: The staff is very accomodating. They will probably arrange for anything you need.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were in Galena for the weekend, but no hotels were available in Galena. So we booked here. It's only about 25 minutes away. Over all we thought it was a nice hotel, it's very centrally located to things to do, and it's right off the main road so you can't miss it as you come into town from Galena.

Pros -
Comfy beds, they were a bit soft on the edges, but the center was very comfortable.
Shower was nice and hot even after multiple showers in the morning.
The TV's have hook ups so you can watch a movie on your tablet or laptop
There is a pool and hot tub that are open until 12am!
The rooms had color other than White!
Pantene hair products if you forget yours

Cons -
We did not have a fridge or microwave, but we were fine without one this trip.
No safe in the room, or a closet where you could keep things out of sight.
Parking lot could be bigger, or better laid out. When we pulled in we watched someone spend a better part of 10 minutes try to back out of a parking spot that was super tight.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends