“Good For One Night”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Illinois
“Good For One Night”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

First of all, I'm a loyal Marriott Rewards member & will stay at a Marriott whenever possible, but I had second thoughts after checking into this property. I haven't stayed at a Fairfield Inn in over 20 years & probably won't again. The two ladies I encountered while checking in were very polite & professional. I realize the Fairfields are the cheaper ones of the Marriott chain, but after staying in the JW Marriotts, Marriott Resorts,Renaissance & Residence Inns, the Fairfields just don't compare. It was the only Marriott in town, so you make due for one night...plus I got a good rate for government employees.

The room itself was very clean, but really small. It had a nice flat screen TV, refrigerator & microwave. The bathroom was decent size with nice water pressure.

The hotel is close to all kinds of restaurants, gas stations & grocery stores...there is an Olive Garden right across the street.

I would only recommend this Fairfield for one night or if you want to earn points as being a Marriott Rewards member.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bighouse0820
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Bighouse0820,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Dubuque and for being a Marriott Rewards member. I'm so glad to hear that my staff was polite and professional. I'm also glad that you found your room to be clean and our location convenient near restaurants and shopping. Please accept my apologies that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to Dubuque.

Connie J.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were greeted by a friendly smile and welcome at the front desk. I asked about an early checkin, no problem. They even had fresh baked cookies in the lobby!

Went to the room and it was very clean, a bit on the smallish side, but a great deal for the cost. Breakfast was "okay" (I'm a bit picky and always wish for cranberry juice), but again, the staff went out of their way to provide good hospitality. My wife commented that the OJ had run out. The staffer refilled it and then poured a glass and brought it to the table with a smile.

Olive Garden is across the parking lot and lots of other shopping is close by. Convenient to Hwy 20 and JFK so you're on the two main arteries for the "burbs" of Dubuque. Highly recommend this as a low cost alternative.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor to avoid the sound from the pool. It's a small hotel. We were pleased w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul A
tdmksg
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night while on business. Check in process was smooth and easy. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Morning breakfast was gery good as well.
The one downside was the rooms do not offer a nice chair to relax in. When I travel, I like to have a room with a chair, so I am not watching TV from bed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tdmksg
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about the staff of the hotel. All were exceptionally friendly and courteous. Didn't partake in breakfast but from what I saw it looked more than adequate. What caused me to only rate the hotel 3 instead of 4 was the room. It's obvious when the hotel was built the focus was on cramming as many rooms as possible into the design as possible. We were assigned a room that had an entrance that was literally in the stairwell of the hotel and while very nicely updated and clean - it was noisy and significantly smaller than the other rooms in the hotel. (Think old highway walk up motel room). I believe these rooms end in 21 - avoid them at all costs. Would I stay here again? Yes, provided I was not assigned to one of these rooms again.

Room Tip: Ensure you are not assigned one of the end rooms that has an entrance in the stairwell.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank enigmaMN
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear EnigmaMN,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Dubuque. I'm happy to hear that my staff was excellent. I do apologize that your room was not to your liking. On your next stay we would be more than happy to get you into a different room that would suit you better. I hope that on your next trip to the area you will allow us another opportunity to impress you.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed the night while in town for our son's hockey tournament. Nice and simple clean rooms. The front desk staff was outstanding! We will definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone I know traveling to the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tmmarie
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Tmmarie,
Thank you for leaving a review of the Fairfield Inn Dubuque. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you recommending us to others! We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Portage, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A clean hotel in a great location with top notch hospitality. We were first greeted by Jessica with a very warm welcome. She was very helpful throughout our stay. Our room was very clean and fresh smelling. We woke up to a big snow storm and did not want to try to drive home. Connie was at the front desk and was awesome. She was so kind and helpful and went the extra mile to make sure we had the same room for an extra night. The staff really made our stay extra special. Thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
connie j, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. My staff and I are so appreciative that you took the time to post about your stay. It was my pleaseure to help you stay another night as Mother Nature wasn't very kind with the weather. Take care and we hope to see you again very soon.
Kemah, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here for five nights. Both the day and night staff were extremely friendly, helpful and made us feel welcomed. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and pool/hot tub were well maintained and warm. My only complaint is the hotel does not have a fitness room on site. They offer a day pass to a nearby YMCA but we did not go as the temperature was below zero most of our stay. I would stay here again because of the staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family