Eco Venao
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa Marina Lodge(Playa Venao)
US$96
US$109
US$98
US$95
US$110
Hotel Villa Romana(Pedasi)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hotel Cubita(Chitre)
US$110
Hotel Piamonte(Las Tablas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshowler monkeyscasa mangothe kitchenla casafamily roomoutdoor showerwide rangehiking trailsan adventureunique placeminute walkaccommodation optionsair conditioningboat barnice waterfallenjoy naturemeet interesting people
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Four days only and I may say that was an incredible experience in our life. Monkeys, geckos, surf boards and waves, and after a long and exciting day rum with cola at the porch while sitting in the rocking chair or hammock. Great atmosphere and amazing people, mostly backpackers, but very friendly. In the restaurant, the best fish we've ever had. Staff really friendly and helpful.
See You soon. :D

p.s. No photos... The cell phone was drown in the ocean, but even that didn't ruin our feelings. :D

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've been staying in many places in Panama and Eco Venao is the best I've stayed. I was in the dormitory, which is very clean and spacious. Staff is really friendly. Very good value for money. You can get there by bus (only a few times a day) or find a shared taxi (I managed to get down for $5). Hitchhiked back to Pedasi, just for the fun of it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was here for dinner and got the Paella - beware -huge portion!!! ...but delicious! Then came back the next day and hiked the trials to the waterfalls nearby on the property. I also got to sneak up on some howler monkeys....it was kind of creepy sounding but such a cool experience. I looked at the lodging and it looked very clean and comfortable. I would have stayed there if it wasn't for the family I was visiting nearby. Any the lodging views were also amazing! You feel like you are in the jungle here. They do not sugar coat anything so walk with caution. But surely an adventure awaits! Also, the beach is literally right accross the one lane (dirt) street. There is also a surf shop where you can rent a board less than a 1/4 mile away on the beah at which location there is also an open air restuarant and clean bar that I hung out at and met surfers from all over the world. You could easily walk there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank larkint
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This place is amazing. If you stay here, I'm sure you will relax and have a wonderful stay. the owners are kind but the main thing is that the "casitas" (the rooms and houses) are so nice, very close to the beach and some of them on the top of a little mountain from where you can see a beautiful view. It's quiet, relaxing (try the hammocks!) and the houses are clean.
Food is also good and the people who stay there have usually a very good vibe and talk to each other.

Room Tip: bring anti-insects because the "chitra" is hard over there...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent four days here, as research for a trip this summer with our kids who want to surf. We are definitely coming back and they won't be disappointed. Cabana was great, meals the best on the beach, and we tried everyplace. Nice vibe. We could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple