“Nostalgic trip to Field of Dreams”

Field of Dreams Movie Site
Book In Advance
More Info
US$20.00*
and up
Field of Dreams Movie Site Guided Home Tour in...
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Dyersville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Is this Heaven? No, it’s Iowa. A place of fertile soil, traditional values and simple pleasure. And, in Dyersville, Iowa, at the century-old Lansing family farm with its quaint, and oh-so-recognizable house, baseball still ranks as a favorite pastime for all ages. What better place to carve a baseball diamond from a corn field and to make a movie about pursuing one’s dream, no matter how much effort it takes? For the first time in history, the Field of Dreams farm house is open to the public with purchase of timed tour tickets via our website.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 June 2018

When visiting the Field of Dreams be sure to take the tour of the house. Our tour guide Clarence was dressed in a White Sox baseball uniform and was a wealth of knowledge about the movie. He is very passionate about his job. Several people were playing baseball on the field or sitting in the bleachers. It's a great place to visit.

1  Thank Mary G
in 9 reviews
"dream come true"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing place to visit and have a catch on the field! There’s never a shortage of families on the field, all of which are ready and willing team-up and play together. Bring your gloves and a ball - you will definitely want to play!

The home tour was rich in stories and little-known facts about the house, field, and movie. Clarence was our tour guide, and he was AMAZING! He was so welcoming and we loved that he was dressed as a ghost player.

It really was every bit a Field of Dreams for these Cub fans!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Being a life-long baseball fan, Field of Dreams was on my list of places to visit one day. I finally was able to go last week and it surpassed my expectations! I had per-purchased a ticket for the Home Tour and when I arrived earlier than I had planned, they let me switch the ticket to the earlier tour. Our tour guide, Clarence, was a fabulous! He provided history about the house, the Lansing family and shared many behind-the-scenes stories about the making of the movie. He was very interesting and quite entertaining! The grounds are pristine and every single staff person was simply delightful. If I'm ever traveling through Iowa again, I will definitely stop by for a second visit.

1  Thank Shedani
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Amazing to visit a famous site in Iowa that was reprinted in a great movie. Had a great time walking the area on a nice hot day.

1  Thank egolwitzer
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2018

First, you should know that I am fanatic about the movie, having even taught it in my high school English class, as it touches upon many themes found in American Literature. However, like most males whose eyes water when we hear "Hey, Dad. You wanta have a catch?", I approached this trip somewhat similar to seeking the Holy Grail. First, to find the house, the diamond, and the corn fields in pristine condition was remarkable. Luckily, a breeze was up and I almost expected players to emerge from the cornstalks (although only waist high in June). Second, to see and share the field with an endless stream of "pilgrims," male and female, young and old, was extremely encouraging, knowing without saying anything that we all had this common bond. Some pitched, some batted, some ran the baseballs, but most, like me, went to the edge of the corn in center field and reached in, like Terrence Mann, then went over and sat on the top right corner of the bleachers, hoping not to topple over like Karen. Then the tour, with Clarence (yes, just like the angel in It's a Wonderful Life), fully dressed in his Sox uniform, leading us through all the downstairs rooms, showing us all the memorabilia, and telling us all the facts and trivia about the construction of the set and the filming of the movie. Clarence is a local who saw it all before his eyes, and his enthusiasm is contagious and his knowledge extensive. Yes, I know that this is not a "real" place, just a location used for a fictionalized movie, but in these contentious times, it's still a place to feel good to be a person and a baseball fan. "People will come, Ray, Oh yes, people will most definitely come."

1  Thank Mike C