My husband chose the hotel from online pictures and because the Super 8 was booked. We got a king bed room that smelled musty but was clean (except for the black mold on the bottom few inches of the shower curtain).Our bed was old, but clean, the carpet was clean, and we had upright kitchen chairs to sit on. There was only one nightstand, so I used one of the chairs for a nightstand on my side. There was a fridge, microwave, and a tv.
Our travelling companions weren't so lucky. One of their rooms was smoky (even though the sign on their door designated it as a non-smoking room) and musty, had a recliner so stained no one would sit on it or even lay clothes on it, and mold on the grout in the shower. She drove to Shopko and bought spray Lysol and chose to disinfect the room and stay in it. The other room had a similar chair, mold in the shower, smoke/musty smell, and a hole in the wall where the AC unit had been repaired. She changed to another room and borrowed the Lysol and so managed to stay there.
We were embarrassed because our travelling companions didn't want to stay there. My husband and I felt that for $50 a night; it was nice enough. We wouldn't book there again, unless travelling by ourselves.
If the management would air the rooms out when not in use, switch to wood and vinyl chairs that can be wiped down, and bleach the bathroom showers after each guest; the hotel would get better reviews.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Colonial Inn Dyersville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.