“A Stitch in Time Saves Nine”

Tivoli Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elk Horn
Ridgway, Colorado
“A Stitch in Time Saves Nine”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We've stayed at this inn in the past when it was an Americ Inn. It's easy to access just a few miles north of I-80. The staff is friendly and helped us with a reservation cancellation that I made advertantly with the Americ Inn in Elkhorn, WI. I hadn't known the hotel changed names and I had spelled Elk Horn incorrectly...and not paid proper attention to my hotel confirmation.

It would be nice to have a selection of bed pillows, ours were very hard. I know this is an older motel but it's one of those where the air conditioner cycles on and off throughout the night. Our room smelled of roses or some sort of air freshener which we found unpleasant. The place is showing wear from our last time here about three years ago.

Upon check in we were told breakfast is at 6:00 A.M. One would expect it to be ready at that time if even a "continental" breakfast. We arrived in the lobby at 6 A.M. and had thought to grab a banana or sit for a quick bowl of cereal but the lights were off and nothing was out. As we were about ready to walk out the door, staff was just coming to the lobby. A thermal pot of coffee was in the lobby but no lids for the cups so we headed out.

I like this town and it's a nice place to stop but there is definately room for improvement in making this a motel you want to stay in rather than it being the only place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Missouri
Reviewed 3 August 2014

While it is true that the Tivoli Inn has made some significant gains since this time last year, it still isn't what it was when it was an AmericInn property. The rude, dirty, and inhospitable former managers are gone (thank goodness), the old bedspreads have been replaced with duvet covers, and the night desk clerk was pleasant and professional at 1:30 a.m. and reduced the rate since we arrived so late. However, the big problem was breakfast, or lack thereof this morning at 8:15 a.m. There was exactly one bagel and one English muffin, and a couple pieces of bread for toast, some loose frozen waffles tossed into a plastic container, and cold cereal. That's all. I don't expect much, but for $80 a night, I do expect more. Also, the nice carry-out coffee cups in the lobby have been replaced with tiny styrofoam cups and the coffee resembled dark brown water.

Keep working, Tivoli, and pay attention to these reviews. You can do it. Those of us who frequently visit the area and need lodging want you to succeed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Elk Horn hotels

Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This room was very clean and the bed was nice that I was able to have a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had visited the museum a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Across the street is a great place to eat, too. This would be a great place to stay as you are traveling I80 as it isn't that far off the interstate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JodyRB
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were very disappointed in the hotel. The room was clean but we had left some pizza on the dresser and when we came back it was covered in ants. The free breakfast was poor, toaster waffles, cold cereal, yogurt, or toast,bagel or English muffin. The orange juice tasted watered down. The hot tub was down but understand that could happen. We told them about the ants and desk clerk only said ants love pizza. No adjustment was offered. They are the only hotel in town and felt like the price of over $200 for two nights was worth a little more effort on their part.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the ant problem has been taken care of.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

For a small town hotel, this exceeded our expectations. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was excellent. Everyone was super helpful and exceeded our every expectation for a small town hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara M
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our stay at the Tivoli Inn & Suites wouldn't have been complete without the OUTSTANDING customer service from the receptionist at the front desk, Angela. We called the weekend prior to Tivoli Fest last week and to our surprise, someone had just canceled and we got a room. Angela called me back later to inquire if we were interested in booking for Saturday too. At that time, we turned it down. We arrived and she was beyond helpful, asking how everything was, willing to assist us with everything we needed. We did decide to stay another night. I commend Angela on a job well done and hope that she is recognized with her fantastic work and positive attitude. I attribute the success of this hotel to Angela and her hard work. She made our stay 100% awesome!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bayfield, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I found the staff warm and helpful. I arrived after a long day on the road and receptionist immediately called restaurant to make sure I could still get something to eat. My nicest surprise was the room that was very clean, crisp sheets, a duvet cover and it was quiet. I would certainly stay again when I visit the area. Also, the Danish Inn was outstanding, had prime rib and seafood buffet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Days Inn Atlantic
Days Inn Atlantic
#4 of 5 in Atlantic
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Atlantic

Been to Tivoli Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!