Baymont Inn and Suites Fort Dodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Budget Host Inn(Fort Dodge)
View Hotel
All reviewscomfort innpull out couchper dayking suitewonderful staythe breakfast areagreat hotelwould stay againbusiness triproom was cleansafessignagemicrowaveftdodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The staff was efficient and friendly. The breakfast was great and had a lot of choices. I especially liked the breakfast burritos.The cookies that they have at the front desk taste homemade too. Couldn't ask for better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMIA050, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Fort Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to provide all of our guests with a pleasant experience. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My family and I stayed here for an extended two week stay. Our first two nights were spent in a two queen room, primarily because we just needed a place to sleep. We had no complaints with the room, but needed more space since we were staying for a longer amount of time. We were then switched, with no issues, to the king suite with a sofa bed. The room was the right amount of size for my husband, 4 year old son and I. The sofa bed isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but my son loved sleeping on it. Our king bed was very comfortable and the bedding is nice. Overall, the room was great. No problems and the housekeeping does a great job at maintaining the rooms and making you comfortable.
The breakfast was always nice and the eating area was always up kept. The assortment of food is pretty good for a few day stay .... there is a nice assortment of food, the breakfast meat remained Sausage and my husband said the mornings with breakfast burritos are very good with salsa. I really liked the little things provided, like marshmallows for hot chocolate - strawberries and whipped cream for waffles, salsa and jalapenos for eggs or breakfast burritos. If you would prefer to eat in your room, you can request a tray to carry your items.
Overall, all the Staff treated my family very well during our two week stay. Some even went above and beyond, like printing off some documents I needed for work, cleaning my room at a specific requested time or giving my son goggles for the swimming pool. There are also little extras like free copies of the local paper in the morning and usa today and fresh baked cookies in the evenings. The location of the hotel is tucked back, but is close to a lot of shopping and eating establishments. The pool is small, but great for small children and the hot-tub is very warm, which I loved! Overall, I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly P
GMIA050, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Fort Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We really enjoyed having your family stay with us. It is always fun to get to know a family during an extended stay. I am glad that everything worked out for you and wish you well in the future. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

After staying here in the past, there were issues with the Internet. Now the hotel now has new Internet connection with a faster speed. This is a must for my travel needs, and worked out very well. The breakfast burritos were really good. Staff very friendly

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GMIA050, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Fort Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind review. We are very excited about our new internet service and are pleased that it suited your needs as well. I will pass your comments along to Roxie in the breakfast room regarding the burritos. She takes a lot of pride in the breakfast she puts out and will happy to know you enjoyed them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Travel Safe!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting family. The location of the hotel is a little bizarre, kind of tucked in the middle between businesses. It requires cutting through several parking lots to get to. There was good signage so we did not have any trouble locating it.

Check in on a Saturday afternoon was quick and easy. The front desk person gave us the option between the 1st floor and 2nd floor. We choose 2nd floor, but be aware that there is no elevator should you have a lot of luggage.

We were a little disappointed getting a room with two double beds, but didn't complain. While we would have preferred a king room, two queen beds would have been fine. The room had a bit of an odor, kind of musty from the air conditioner. The room itself was clean, the bedding was definitely a step up from what you often find at 2 star hotels.The room came with a mini fridge and a microwave. The paint job in the room (and the rest of the hotel) was really, really bad. But obviously these types of details can be overlooked.

The hotel was quiet at night. There were some wild teenagers staying on the 1st floor that I worried we might hear, but didn't have any troubles. The bed was a bit hard for my liking.

Breakfast definitely left something to be desired. First, the orange juice/apple juice machine was broken. It was squirting out water on one side and orange juice and apple juice mixed together in the other. Kind of frustrating. There was a waffle maker, some pastries, cereal, and "eggs" and bacon. The eggs were the gross not real powdery kind, and the bacon wasn't even worth eating. We regretted not just heading off to Perkins for a real breakfast.

The hotel selection in Fort Dodge is a bit limited. We went with this one because it was the cheapest 100% non-smoking hotel available. I think next time we'll spend a little more and try some of the other options.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMIA050, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Fort Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction and this was clearly not the case during your recent stay. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased to say that we have made several changes to our breakfast since your stay. We would love it if would give us another chance the next time you are in town. We appreciate your business and would like another chance to WOW you.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ryan and Laura at front desk were very nice. Manager and other front desk associate (I believe her name was Katie) were rude to me. The breakfast on at least 2 mornings had no meat at all, just waffles, yogurt, cereal, and bread. Overall the stay was ok, but I don't feel that this hotel was worth the amount of money we were charged.

Room Tip: Dont stay here if you want a hot breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GMIA050, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Fort Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

I am happy to hear that Laura and Ryan provided you with exceptional service. At no point was I trying to be rude to you, I simply could not accomodate the rate you were requesting at that time. Since your stay we have made some upgrades to our breakfast and hope that if you are in the area in the future you will give us another try. Thanks for the review. Without our guests valuable input we can not improve.