“great trip”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fort Dodge
West Branch, United States
“great trip”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Easy check in. Got to our room but the room had a weird odor. We were quickly moved to another room and told the room would be restricted for anyone else to get cleaned. Breakfast good. Our stay included 2 young kids and 18 month old baby. Room was big enough to accommodate. Pool temperature was good. Overall experience was positive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

HollyJepsen, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Dodge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad your family was able to enjoy the swimming pool. Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fargo, ND
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff at this Country Inn were very nice. The room, not so much. I really don't think the bathroom was cleaned prior to my check in. The toilet bowl was disgusting. I also don't think the room had been dusted as I could write my name on some of the furniture. Additionally, although the bed linen was clean, it was so wrinkled that at first I thought it was dirty. I sure don't expect my bed linen to be ironed but it was obtiously balled up after taken out of the dryer. Doesn't take a lot of time to fold it up. Lastly, the drain stopper in the bath tub didn't work. I wasted a LOT of water the only time I tried to take a bath.
Why didn't I call the front desk to have these issues rectified you might ask? A room should be clean before I check into it. I shouldn't have to ask for my room to be cleaned AFTER I enter it. Now had the bed linens been dirty or the fridge not worked, THEN I would have called the front desk. Fortunately I travel a lot and I always have vinegar and a Norwex cloth with me so I am used to having to do some touch up in a hotel room... just not to this extent. If I stayed here again, it would be because the staff was very courteous, certainly not because of the cleanliness of the rooms. All that being said, had someone asked me how my stay was I would have expressed my opinion but no one asked. My phone rang once when i first checked in, but I was unable to answer it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank suzb_00
HollyJepsen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Dodge, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like to get more information from you if you would. These situations are not normal for our property and I would like to follow up with all persons involved. Please call me at 515-955-2259 so we can discuss this situation. Again, I am sorry.
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this particular motel several times when we have visited Fort Dodge. Holly, the Manager, has always been SO helpful and accomodating. There is a pool which, we have NOT used plus a hotub. It truly is our Home Away from Home!!

Room Tip: We always have asked for a King bed on the first floor and it has been GREAT!! (There are two floors...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in town to visit with family; the rooms were nice, large, and clean. There is a comfortable seating area in the lobby which was handy when waiting for family to come pick us up. The breakfast was good and the breakfast room not too crowded. It's better than other places we've stayed in Fort Dodge, but more expensive, too.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you have a problem with stairs be sure to ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here for one night and the rooms were big and clean. Clean building overall. Service was pleasant and the hotel was pretty quiet for being busy. Ft. Dodge is a small town, so the location was as good as any there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manteno, IL
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights while in town for a funeral. Our extended family booked three rooms and were were looking forward to relaxing at the pool on our final night. We arrived to find the pool packed with people, coolers and lawn chairs at what appeared to be a child's birthday party. After inquiring at the front desk we were assured that they do not rent out their facilities for parties. We waited for almost an hour for the pool to clear during which time a staff member did go in and break up the party. From the looks of things, the father of the birthday girl was not pleased and complained at the front desk, but guests packed up and headed out. Other than that the hotel was comfy and staff nice. I would stay again as long as the pool was for guests only.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HollyJepsen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Dodge, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send this review. I am sorry about the situation during your stay with us. As you stated the staff did take action once we were aware of the party we were not asked or informed about. I am sorry you had to wait for them to leave, but am hopeful the rest of your evening was relaxing. Thank you again.
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We've stayed here several times while in Fort Dodge visiting our son and will return again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, beds average. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in room.Breakfast average for Country Inn, one day staff was busy talking at front desk and very slow to refill, but other days was fine. Price same as most other hotels in the area. Located in a convenient to find spot, close to the "strip" of restaurants.Haven't used the pool or exercise areas, but there have been people in each while we've been there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HollyJepsen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Dodge, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.