“Love AmericInn!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fort Dodge
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fort Dodge
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I love AmericInn and I was not disappointed at all. AmericInn is spending $75 million updating all of their hotels and this hotel looked wonderful. The bed was very comfortable, clean, and no bugs. The bedding is all new along with all of the furniture and TV. AmericInn is moving away from the rooms having a "hotel" feel. The paint was a nice cream with a blue accent wall. The furnishings all have a modern with a slight retro look. The room was spotless. The hallway along with the lobby were spotless as well. There was ample seating for breakfast and as usual the breakfast was great. Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage links, plus the usual hotel breakfast items. The hotel is right across the street from the Fort Museum. Amanda at the front desk was great and gave us a couple of good restaurant ideas. If I find myself in Fort Dodge again I will stay here.

Room Tip: Your outdoor window options are either the parking lot on the front or the Pepsi distribution center...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was really impressed with Americinn! The check in staff were very efficient and friendly and directed us to our room. They offered their services if we were in need of anything during our stay, and offered tips on where to have dinner and the general area.
Our room was comfortable and clean, and everything seemed very well kept. The breakfast area was nice with ample seating and they had fresh make your own waffles! The only down side was the juice seemed a little watery!
Whoever they use for trash service could stand to be a little more quiet if they are emptying the dumpster at night! They took about 20-25 minutes to empty it constantly banging it against their truck at about 11 pm!
Other than that our stay was very pleasant!!
I'm sure this is where we will always stay when in the Fort Dodge area!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the dumpster if at all possible!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our party had a group of young children ages 12 - 2. The Staff went above and beyond to make us all feel welcome and at home. They were simply amazing and showed unbelievable patience with us as we tried to give the kids some space to unwind and eat tasty pizza. The bar/pizza area was fantastic! It was almost as if we were at home with the kiddos playing games or watching Disney, while we adults could sit at the tables and play some cribbage. The rooms were very clean, breakfast was fabulous and we really appreciated the lobby space as well. A couple of us had to do a bit of work on our trip, and it was nice to have a comfortable chair hidden away where we could work without being completely separated from everyone.

I cannot recommend the AmericInn highly enough! The pool, the gym area, we used all of it and cannot thank the amazing staff enough. You'll love it!

2  Thank ErinFRMS
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great value and very helpful staff. Our family occupied three rooms for three nights and all agreed we would come back again. Rooms were clean and the 70's themed beer/wine bar was a great place to gather.

Kathy H

2  Thank Kay H
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have stayed in this Americinn several times since it opened. Every time, I am impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I am a poor sleeper and always sleep well here too, comfortable and quiet. This time we had a situation with my mom where we needed some extra special help. She is an invalid and needed special accomodations while her home was being packed up for her move to an assisted living. The kindness and compassion shown to us during this time were amazing. They went out of their way from management and front desk to the cleaning staff to help us during this hard time. Great job Fort Dodge! Kudos to you. You will forever be remembered. Stay here when you are in Fort Dodge!

3  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I thought the Staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean! We were there for a family reunion and everyone at the hotel was very accommodating!! We would stay there again :-) Pool was good but the spa was great!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Avrele
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The staff is what stands out for me. No matter what you asked for or what time it was. You never got the feeling you were a bother. This is a rare thing in my experience. I watched a man accidentally pull the spout off the waffle dispenser, he made a mess and felt terrible. I thought the staff lady who came to his aid might be a little upset, as she was busy keeping up with the breakfast crowd. Instead she cleaned it up and assured him it happens occasionally and not to worry. You can't teach that. I'm from out of town and stay there when I'm in Fort Dodge on business. I have never been disappointed yet.

• Stayed: June 2013