“EXCELLENT little place”

Wild Whisk Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was passing through the area and stopped here for lunch. I had the seared tuna salad which was very good. I really liked the orange dressing. My husband had the albacore tuna salad, which we agreed was probably about the best tuna salad we have ever had anywhere. The soup/sandwich combo was not very filling for my husband, as portions here are very modest, also making me glad I ordered the full salad. So, anyway, my husband had to order the caramel bread pudding, which helped fill him up. This dessert is unique because it is actually made from croissants and is totally topped with real whipped cream. The decor was interesting to look at, as the building appears architecturally old. There were boosters/high chairs available and some small children dining, though it would not be my first choice for family dining place. However, was good for couple and there appeared to be several ladies groups enjoying their time there as well. I would definitely recommend if the place sounds of interest to you and you are in the area looking for lighter fare.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Had a very good lunch while waiting for our daughter to arrive in town from the RAGBRAI ride. Food and service are as good as the other reviews state. Good place to stop if you are going throught fort madison. They have some outside tables also.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The food is to die for. Homemade soups not out of a can. If you eat here, be sure to save room for dessert. The cookies are out of this world good and I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of cookies and for dessert :), try the bread pudding that is made with croissants. And don;t leave without an espresso!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

A small intimate place with outstanding service and food prepared for the discriminating dinner. Hours for eating are short, so better call to be sure you can get served.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I love the Greek Omelet,the Mediterranean wrap, the iced tea and their wide variety of coffee drinks. It is on the higher priced side for breakfast but the food is fresh so it is worth it to me. The bread served with the omelet is homemade, too. They offer a small variety of fresh baked goods as well.