“Rude Manager!!!”

Chandler's Grill
Ranked #10 of 35 Restaurants in Fort Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Manager is very rude and belittles you when you have a legitamite complaint! WILL NOT RETURN!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Best sandwich west of the Mississippi
Good brisket and ribs, used to be a bennigans and still has a similar menu
Been here several times and never been disappointed.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is by far the best place I have eaten. I have never gotten a bad meal here. Everything from this place is delicious, especially the chili. The chili is only seasonal but it is by far the best thing I have ever tasted.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Sometimes it takes too much effort to search out a good, interesting or imaginative meal. I am staying at a Comfort Inn in Fort Madison, Iowa and Chandler's grill is just across the parking lot. Maybe I will order something safe: a BLT or a spinach salad. Even a chain would have difficulty ruining either of those.

The restaurant itself looks like all the other mid-level chains: out of a catalog decorations cover the walls, waitresses in black slacks and colored tops, who are always cheerful, telling you to have a great day or weekend. White middle-America fills the booths and sits at the tables subconsciously avoiding anything that they have not eaten a thousand times before.

Perhaps that is why I am here too, looking for an effortless, safe meal, something I don't have to think or worry about.

Service was a bit slow but then I was in no hurry. I was pleasantly surprised. The spinach salad I ordered was excellent. Crisp spinach and grilled chicken with pecans, sun dried tomatoes, cranberries and egg with a spicy vinaigrette dressing. It was large and more than enough for dinner. I actually enjoyed it.

Perhaps it is time for me to take the chip off my shoulder regarding chains. This meal was good and much better than I expected.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Ate here several times during the week I was in Ft. Madison. Salads were very large and well prepared. Very friendly and efficient staff.