“Nice little bake shop”

Ivy Bake Shoppe & Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stopped in for a coffee and ended up with three baked goods, a coffee, and a hot chocolate! LOL! The baked goods looked really good and there was a nice variety!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

We happened upon this place as we wandered along on our bike toward St. Louis. What can I say that hasn't been said by everyone else? The tuna sandwich was outrageous, the taco soup was amazing, the Reuben tremendous. The desserts (carrot cake and apple cake) pushed us over the top. Go here!!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Lovely decor and lovelier food. Healthy, home-made, and excellent! Would go again and again. Still craving the orange and fennel salad, dill bread, chicken noodle soup, and especially the summer corn and tomato salad. One caution! Watch out for the tempting desserts! They line them up for you to peruse while waiting to pay for your meal--smart/cheap trick. (Had the mint brownie and caramel apple pie hot out of the oven--they were worth it.)

1  Thank Nbalser
Reviewed 2 June 2011

On the top of my ''to do'' list while visiting relatives in Burlington is going for lunch at the Ivy at least twice!! I always go back to the original Fort Madison location. I like the setting and weather permitting to sit outside in the screened in porch.

I was actually there in Sept 2009 last visit of 4 trips every 2 years. This coming Sept 2011, I'm planning to go twice in Fort Madison and once to try out the Burlington location. Just can't get enough of their good soup and sandwich combos...and scrumptious desserts!!

I bought the Ivy cookbook the last time but it's always so much more fun and easier to just sit down and enjoy!

Reviewed 7 October 2010

The lunch menu is changed often, everything is made fresh daily and is all homemade. their desserts are sinfully decadent as homemade desserts are! We stop here every time we pass through town - and take some to go! Portions are generous.