“A hidden gem of an English in .”
Review of The Bolingey Inn

The Bolingey Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bolingey
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We found the inn using the Good Beer guide and immediately felt like locals. The staff were really considerate and polite, the food is local and freshly prepared so you have to wait a little while for it but it is well worth the wait, excellently prepared, really tasty and lots of it. There is a good variety of beers and we found that we were included in the locals conversations in front of a real fire.
The only slight issue is the parking but that is easily solved and we managed without too much trouble very time we called, and that turned out to be every night and we were nowhere near exhausting the menu, or the beers.
I think this lovely inn has now taken the number one place in my favourite pubs.

bolingey, Owner at The Bolingey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thankyou so very much for your lovely comments, it always gives a boost of confidence when we receive them we hope you will visit soon

Regards

Carol and Mike

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went to celebrate my wife's birthday while staying with family in Penwartha Coombe and had an excellent time; the place is full of charm and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. Loads of varied food choices; the specials board was amazing, which was both plentiful and very tasty and the prices were also good value for money. Overall a great place to go; would definitely recommend.

bolingey, Owner at The Bolingey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments, we here at the Bolingey are glad you all had a lovely time on your wifes birthday. We also hope that you will visit again to our wee pub which we are all very proud of.
Carol and Mike

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I had been recommended this pub by friends, so while visiting family on holiday we decided to book for sunday lunch. There was a choice of roasts and a choice of sizes. We all went for the small which was well enough for us. The only difference between standard and small is the amount of meat. The meats come from joints and are perfectly cooked. The roasties were crunchy on the outside and fluffy inside and the veg was really good. Not al dente but not soft.
The price for the small roast was for nothing. We would have been hard pressed to cook a roast for 5 for the £30 it cost. We didn't have a sweet but they all looked lovely. The pub is old fashioned and has a charm that is hard to find in these days, and the staff attentive and friendly. The only problem is parking. The pub has a small car park but it is a small village with narrow streets so in the summer this might be a problem.

1  Thank Lynda1961
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ate here twice in one week. Lovely food and atmosphere. The first night the locals were very noisy and making a tit of themselves, singing and annoying. Had a hard time hearing the conversation over our table. The second ... just normal pub like atmosphere.

2  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had a lovely meal of Steak Pie, homecooked chips and seasonal veg grown in their gardens followed by homemade profiteroles.
The pie was crammed full of steak! The chips were perfect and the veg was very good indeed. I nearly struggled to finish my meal and that isn't like me but the portion was very generous. The pie is one of the best I've ever had and I've had a lot of pies. I did find room for a pudding and i'm pleased I did because the profiteroles were delicious.
I had a sauvignon wine and the quality was brilliant.
The atmosphere, friendliness of the staff and the whole ambience was excellent.
I had a great night and would go back there again and again and again