“Excellent meals at reasonable prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Bolingey Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bolingey
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Langar, United Kingdom
“Excellent meals at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We visited The Bollingey Inn in October 2010; we tried to get into Griffs Grill but they were closed when we tried to get in at about 7.15pm and I'm glad we did. The landlady was very friendly and pleasant and the chef appears to really care about the food he cooks.

The menu was amazing with lots of local ingredients and there was a good selection of beer available. My wife had the local lamb cutlets and I've never seen cutlets that big before. Looking round the restaurant at what other diners were eating, I don't think there was one dish that I wouldn't have ordered myself. The steaks were plump and juicy; not like the usual flat, grey offerings that you sometimes get and the portions of vegetables were very generous. The puddings are well worth a try if you've got room after your main meal.

I would recommend that anyone take the short drive out of Perranporth and find this pub as it was the best meal that I had that week.

• 5 of 5 bubbles