“Special”

Woldingham Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the heart of the countryside in the picturesque Halliloo Valley near Caterham, Woldingham Golf Club is conveniently located close to junction 6 of the M25.The stately clubhouse, in the style of a country mansion, houses a comfortable spike bar with patio area, spacious changing facilities and pro-shop. Wherever you look, there are lovely views of the course and surrounding countryside.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Special”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We chose this venue for our wedding, and had both the ceremony and evening reception there. The venue has balconies overlooking the golf course and it is really beautiful.

The venue allows for the bride and groom to venture onto the course in golf buggies to find a spot for some photos, which came out extremely well and we really enjoyed it too!

Angie who we dealt with through most of the process was amazing and friendly. Even if the venue wasn't as beautiful as it actually was, we may still have gone ahead as we wanted to work with someone who we felt understood the importance of our day. Angie was extremely accommodating to our requests and rarely said no to anything that we wanted - which is what you want for a wedding!

I dealt with Angie mainly by email and any little questions I had throughout the lead up to the actual event, she would always respond quickly. And I asked plenty of questions!

On the actual day, Becky was the event coordinator. Becky was as brilliant as Angie had been. Friendly and helpful, and even as things cropped up on the night, if I threw it at Becky she accommodated us well. I should also mention Ollie who seemed like he was Becky's right hand man. Ollie was friendly and engaging and has so much experience beyond his years. Ollie - as a Manager myself if you ever need a job, get in touch!

The number of guests who commented on the food being delicious was unreal! Although the mash did seem a bit spicier than when we tasted, most guests enjoyed it anyway and personally I preferred it. The caterers accommodated for vegetarians, halal food and also a last minute request for celiac dietary requirements for us, so we were even more happier with them for that!

I would recommend if doing a tasting, bringing as many guests as you are allowed. It's extremely good food and we regret not coming out as a family for a meal as we thought that we would just be picking at bits of food. But actually we would have a whole meal each at a cheap price for the quality.

The recommended DJ Martin Dye used another employee who was really good, although there were a few of our requested songs which were not played on the night and the bride did notice that. However, we only gave a final version of our playlist 2 days before the actual event.

The recommended florist Gemini Harper (Petals Perfect) was professional, clear and her communication was brilliant. The bride thought that her flowers were so beautiful, which helped make her day!

The only real negative was that the room was so hot during the day time, and in particular before and during the ceremony. It wasn't even a particularly hot day, and several people commented on the heat.... not least the bride and groom!

All in all, we really enjoyed our day and the team was a major part of that. The scenery is also magnificent. We would have used venue again and would recommend it to our friends and family.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Wazzer83
HelenSurrey2014, Manager at Woldingham Golf Club, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Warren & Lindsey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.

It is fantastic to hear such positive feedback on the team and I know they will be delighted to read your comments.

It was an honour to host your special day and you were such a lovely couple to deal with. I do hope you will pop in and see us whenever you are in the area.

We wish you all the best for your married life together,

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wedding 5th July 2014”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were married at this venue on the 5th of July and the day could not have been better.

Building up to the big day, we met with Angie several times who was extremely helpful and very organised. Nothing was too much trouble.

On the days itself, Apurva and his team were unbelievably helpful, especially Ollie who was left in charge for the latter part of the evening.

The food was amazing and the package we paid for was great value for money. Drinks at the bar are fairly priced which helped as we left our card behind the bar to pay for guests drinks.

The venue is ideal, amazing views which is great for the wedding photos.

I really can't recommend this venue enough. We really couldn't have wished for anything more.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Ben_southern1
Mike C, Manager at Woldingham Golf Club, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Ben,

Many thanks for your comments and recommendation.

It is always great to hear such positive feedback from our happy couples.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team especially Angie, Apurva and Ollie.

We wish you both all the very best in your married life together, do pop in and visit if you are ever nearby.

Oxted, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent venue and customer service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was one of the co-organisers for Oxted School Year 11 Prom this year. The event took place two weeks ago at Woldingham Golf Club very successfully. I was really pleased with the helpful customer service offered by Angie and her team, both in the organising and the night itself. We had 270 very happy young people on the night. The venue has a great view, offers very good catering and for the Prom organised DJ, and security. All went without a hitch at a good price. I would thoroughly recommend for others seeking a venue for a similar event, and will recommend to colleagues organising next years event.

Stephen Jacques
Oxted School

1 Thank Stephen J
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

The team here at Woldingham loved hosted the Oxted School Prom, it was such a fun and memorable evening.

I am delighted you were pleased with the efforts made by our staff and the venue on the evening.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Croydon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wedding 27th June 2014”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Woldingham Golf Club and it was the perfect day. The staff were fantastic as was the food and the overall service. Our guests commented on how friendly and helpful the staff were. Angie liaised with us throughout the organising and kept us up to date at all times. The layout of the venue with the balconies meant that the guests were always in the same area, even the smokers, and this enhanced the atmosphere. The setting was also picturesque and our photos from the day were amazing. We highly recommend this venue.

2 Thank Chris B
Dear Chris,

Thank-you for your comments and for taking the time to leave us a review.

the pictures from your day are simply stunning and the colour theme looked fantastic in the room.

I am so pleased you both enjoyed your day and had such a great experience at the venue.

Do pop in and visit us next time you are in the area.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Golf Society Day June 2014”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I very recently organised a golf society day for 60 people. The events team and the Pro (and his assistants) could not have been more helpful. They had everything sorted and managed to answer my questions before I asked them. The off-course facilities were superb and everyone was extremely accommodating. The course itself was in excellent condition; good greens, attractive layouts and a good test for better golfers whilst not being too difficult for the beginners in our party. I have had some great feedback already with everybody commenting specifically on the service of the staff and the layout of the facilities. I would recommend Woldingham GC to anybody looking to arrange a golf society day.

1 Thank Matthew S
Dear Matthew,

Thank-you for your comments and for taking the time to write us a review.

We thoroughly enjoyed hosting your golf day and I am pleased you found the staff helpful. It is great to see that you have received positive feedback from members of your group and I do hope you will bear us in mind for your next golf day.