“Fooled me once, shame on you. Fooled me twice, shame on me.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harlan Inn & Suites

Harlan Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Harlan
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Fooled me once, shame on you. Fooled me twice, shame on me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

This was my family's second time staying at this hotel, the first time being in 2006. I guess with the passage of time, we forgot about our first experience. But at $55/night versus $80+/night at Settle Inn and Suites, we were opting to save money. First off, the cats that frequent the parking lot give the area a rather unpleasant smell. Second, when making the reservation, I clearly stated there would be four guests. We only had linen for two guests. Third, the beds are NOT queens; they are full/double beds - false advertisement. Fourth, the breakfast is only donuts, coffee and Raisin Bran cereal. Thankfully, my family went to HyVee and Wing's for breakfast :) Overall, we were highly disappointed with our stay here. When my family comes back to Harlan next June, we will definitely pay the extra dollars and stay at Settle Inn and Suites.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EIMaxwell1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Nice modestly-priced motel. Very clean and entire motel has been updated. Carpet is new and the rooms are spacious, including a small refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave and free Wi-Fi in each room. The continental breakfast is cold cereal, box donuts and toast, but adequate. The motel owner is friendly and lives on the premise.l Very quiet setting.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

So many roadside hotels these days have a weird stale odor in all the rooms and hallways. Not so with this great hotel. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable, the staff were very friendly. I was told by some folks in town that they got new management about a year ago so it seems like they're doing the best with it.

My only regret was that there was no pool; my daughter was disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Seward NE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

Beds were lined with plastic, owner was rude and obnoxious, so-called breakfast was stale cereal, yesterday's coffee, and mini donuts. I will say the rooms were huge but offered nothing for comfort.

• Stayed August 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlan
Settle Inn & Suites Harlan
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Avoca
Motel 6 Avoca
Motel 6 Avoca
#1 of 3 in Avoca

Been to Harlan Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!