“Quaint and homey!”
Review of Soo Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hawarden
Soo Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hawarden
Boulder, Colorado
“Quaint and homey!”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

It is not the Taj, but you get what you pay for. This young new owners go the extra mile to make you comfortable.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Tophiekins

Families
mandee
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I stayed at the soo motel,many times,came there ,working nearby,clean rooms, nice people,anything you need they get ,low prices,we had a big work crew,will stay again in june,2011,good job ...frank and Darlene! eric hansen.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mandee65
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I stayed here to be close to my morning assignment, and while it was cheap, I wish I'd stayed elsewhere. The motel just came under new ownership, and I hope they can rescue it. The motel is a big '50s 'L', one story in front, two around back. The old neon sign is pretty beat and missing its tubing. The owners were friendly and helpful, and let me look at the room. It was just good enough that I took it. Their credit card machine was not yet working, but the price was just $37.
My room faced the road. It seemed clean enough, but there was trash under the bed, which I found when I had to drag it out of the way to plug in the space heater. As a bonus, I found the August '03 issue of 'Fox'. The space heater was seriously anemic, and never got the room over about 60. There was a fridge, microwave, and an old TV with cable. The sheets were clean, if very '80s (neon blue with tiger stripes), and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The bathroom had no vintage fixtures, except the lamp. It was worn but clean, and the shower had strong and hot water. The door hit the toilet when opened, and it was hard to manouver.
The room was quiet at night, but the shades let the streetlights through. The wireless internet signal was very weak, so I used my aircard. With some work, this could rise to a decent budget place, but as it is now, I can't recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank roadtripperMaryland

Been to Soo Motel? Share your experiences!