“Great Lunch!”
Review of Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Hiawatha
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I met with a business associate at the Lucky Penny last week.

The lunch cost seemed normal for a restaurant in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.

Our server was super! She gave us great service.

I enjoyed my burger that was served on a brioche roll. The environment was quiet enough that my business associate and I were able to have a normal conversation.

Lucky Penny is a great place for lunch!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This small restaurant has fantastic food and great service. I don't drink alcohol, but it looks to have a good selection. I love the pretzels and cheese sauce. I've tried a burger in the past and it was great. This time we had a pizza and the only complaint is the time it takes to cook it.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

My wife and I visited around 11:45am this past Saturday. It was quite busy when we got there, got even busier for a bit, then mellowed out. Even as busy as it was, the 2 or 3 servers that were working did a very good job with all of those people. Our server was very nice. I ordered the Spaghetti with Meatballs, my wife got the Reuben sandwich. My wife loved her Reuben. I was not so fond of the Spaghetti and Meatballs. It looked very good. The flavor of the red sauce on the Spaghetti, and the flavor of the meatballs, was lackluster. I mean, for my taste buds, there was nothing there. I would eat at Lucky Penny again, but would stay away from the Spaghetti. The pizzas that I saw being served looked amazing.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This restaurant is a little off the freeway in Hiawatha, but well worth a visit. Our server Meghan was very helpful in making recommendations and one of the best servers I have had in a long time. The tap beer list covers the gamut from dark & malty to light and hoppy. We went for lunch, but the dinner menu was also available--you should try the walleye stuffed with crab. For lighter fare the soup of the day and salads were very very good. The soup was a Poblano, sausage bean and was worth the trip by itself. For vegetarians, they have black bean burgers along with both hamburgers and chicken patties. The prices were very reasonable. Well worth a visit--although the place really fills up during lunch hour.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My burger was good, and the accompanying fries were good as well. I like that the fries came in a unique glass bowl. Our server was attentive to our needs, and the food came out hot. My only hesitation in coming back is that there just aren't inexpensive items on the menu that would fit into the "reasonable" lunch category for this community. My burger with tax and tip came to $11. The only thing on the menu for around $6 was a bowl of soup or a garden salad.