Having read very positive reviews on Sykes cottages website about this property, we had high hopes. Unfortunately we were disappointed with the general upkeep of the cottage. We were told it was over 200 years old but that doesn't excuse a dangerous oven (steam pothered out from the bottom of the door) a broken freezer door, a kettle full of linescale, dirty crockery, a broken sofa and copious amounts of mould and damp in one of the bedrooms. This mould was so significant that one of the party couldn't sleep due to irritation of allergies. We were advised to ventilate the property to reduce condensation but this didn't eradicate the mould which was hidden behind a bed and had not appeared overnight as the owner suggested!
Wifi was not included and wasn't mentioned in any property description prior to booking.
We have chosen to publish this review on trip advisor as we hope to alert future guests to the problems we encountered as Sykes cottages only published positive reviews about the property.