“Lovely Night”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beck Row
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Me and a group of co workers stayed over last night, and I would just like to say what a great experience I had. The pub was extremely busy, as all the tables were full of delighted diners. The food was good, the atmosphere was great with a mix of Americans and locals from what i could gather, and a good night had by all. The service was great, very friendly and helpful, and the beer tasted great, it had obviously just been cleaned as tasted just perfect. The rooms were exactly what we needed, cosy, fair price. One very happy group of customers.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mrcooper186338

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Having just read the 2 most recent reviews on this site, I was unable to believe what I was reading what a load of drivel!!!!
My wife and I stayed at the Bird in Hand earlier this year in June whilst visiting family and friends in the area. Our stay was originally meant to be a 2 night stay, we enjoyed the experience so highly we extended it to a 4 night stay. EVERY! single member of staff were extremely polite and helpful, from the managers right through all levels even the cleaning staff could not do enough for us. As ex publicans we are very aware of the trials of the hospitality trade. But were really pleased with the service received in the bar and restaurant, the service from the bar staff was second to none they had our drink order off pat after the second round of drinks and saw us coming every time so by the time we reached the bar the drinks were ready even briefing any fresh staff member as they came behind the bar. The food was excellent both for value and quality, the steaks were cooked perfectly both times that I had them ( and am i fussy about the way my steak is served ) very few kitchens can turn out a real blue steak in the UK without it being chilled in the middle but they were perfect!!!
I would recommend this as a wonderful place for a short or long stay. The Ritz or Savoy it is not but stlll very good value for the price they are asking, and run very well by the management 5* service at a 2* price. Thank you Sharon and ALL! the staff

Room Tip: Try to get one of the chalets away from the gate to the air base they run a light generator on the g...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anthony Stephen c
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

Documented by pictures taken upon entry into the room, the heater didn't work due to a missing fuse so the room was consequently very cold.

The general level of cleanliness was extremely poor, cobwebs, mildew, stained carpet and dirty towels on the shelves.

The fire alarm was also on the shelf missing its batteries. Added to the mildew in the shower some of the fittings were also broken.

When raising these issues with staff I was told there was nothing that could be done until the following day. A truly disgraceful place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Mikerawr

Travellers are raving about these Beck Row hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

For the second time this Motel has messed my Holiday whilst visiting Suffolk and the surrounding areas. The first visit we made my father had paid in advance for our rooms without me realising, so when it came to checking out I went to pay the bill and they promptly took the money of my card even though I explained my father booked the rooms and told them the room numbers. Apparently it turns out they charged my card for the previous people who done a runner without paying. Second time was only more recently a few day ago in fact I booked over the telephone a 2 twin rooms and a double room and was reassured that they had been booked and not to worry, we travelled two hundred miles to the motel only find that rooms had been reserved but were in a different name consequently I had to find another hotel for my family which took nine hours to find one that could accommodate us and costing us treble the amount we had budgeted for.
I should have took notice of the first experience and stayed well clear, Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Brandon House
Brandon House
#1 of 1 in Brandon
Premier Inn Thetford Hotel

Been to The Bird In Hand? Share your experiences!