“Good Take Out”
Review of Long Xing

Long Xing
Ranked #139 of 275 Restaurants in Iowa City
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was looking for a quick place to grab take out as I headed from work to my hotel. Long Xing seemed like a good place to stop.

My first impression upon walking in was how clean the place looked. I was greeted at the counter by a nice young lady who took my order. I got garlic pork and an egg roll. One small complaint. I was the only one there. I felt the preparation of the food took longer than it should. However, the food was still hot when I got to my hotel room. Oh, and it was really good, too!

Prices are very reasonable. Bottled water for 80 cents? Not sure how many they sell, but they are easily leaving 20 cents per bottle on the table.

Plenty of food. Good food. Reasonable prices. Clean surroundings. What more do you need?

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

They made chicken chow fun (? spelling?) For.me even though not on the menu. Shrimp spring roll delicious, albeit a little greasy. $10 for both. Couldn't eat it all. Just a pay-at-counter setup, but good quality. Very low price lunches from $5.99.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I visited this past weekend for lunch. It was my first visit. It was not busy. They have quite a few tables in the dining area. It looks like they have a set up at the front counter for a buffet offering. I had the lunch special of Kung Pao Chicken. I had the Lo Mein instead of rice. A short time later my plate of food arrived. It was a very generous serving of food. The Kung Pao Chicken was good and I loved the Lo Mein. The lunch meal also comes with a drink. I ended up taking home about half of my meal. It is a very fair price for what you get. The front dining area was very clean, as was the bathroom. I will absolutely visit again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

What a great addition to the Iowa City Chinese restaurant options. After 10 years in West Liberty they have relocated to Iowa City. The atmosphere is a little lacking, but that is not the case for the food. We have eaten there several times for dinner and tried something new each time. We have not been disappointed one bit. The food is fresh, wonderfully presented, extremely generous portions and very reasonable priced.