Plum Grove Inn
US$82
Agoda.com
US$151
US$144
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
US$104
US$133
US$125
Brown Street Inn(Iowa City)
US$140
Alexis Park Inn & Suites(Iowa City)(Great Value!)
US$84
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I loved my stay at Plum Grove Inn. Shelly and Tom (the owners) made me feel right at home from the moment I walked in. There was a pot of hot tea to help me relax after a long drive, a lovely goblet of fresh local fruits in the morning along with French toast and wonderful egg dishes for breakfast. My room was very cozy with lot of little touches: a mini flat screen TV hooked to a satellite dish, free Wi-Fi, freestanding bathtub with shower fixtures and a wonderful high queen sized bed. They also have a large porch on the second floor overlooking the street, which was great for unwinding at the end of the day. I can’t wait to go back for another visit. A great place to refresh and replenish.

Room Tip: I was in the Lydia and it was perfectly charming.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 587Fran2014
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Don't miss an opportunity to stay at the Plume Grove Inn. Especially if you like to be treated like royalty every once in awhile. Really it's the perfect writer's retreat! Not only will attendees of The Iowa Summer Writing Festival (just minutes away) enjoy the quiet and comfort of a 'home away from home," they can also take notepad or laptop (great wifi!) up to the roof patio to get some sun without having to resort to expensive coffee-shops with one-hour limits. Another point of value is the delicious, homemade breakfasts you'd be apt to pay $30 for in any restaurant, and the free street parking. Why settle for the usual motel/hotel continental offerings of dry bagels and cold cereal, and a daily $10 charge to park your rental car? The owner is kind and conscientious but not intrusive. The Inn itself is both contemporary in its construction, and detailed in its history. The Plum Grove Inn is just a very special place to spend some time, and worth every penny.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Lydia and it was lovely. A good choice because it is on the back of the house and near the upstairs patio.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My sister and I stayed at the Plum Grove Inn on our first ever trip to Iowa City. We drove over from Chciago and were going to a game at the University of Iowa. I stumbled upon the Inn in my search for a reasonably priced place for us to stay and wow, what a find. The house itself was amazing, totally new but with all the feeling of a 100+ year old house. Shelly and Thomas spent a lot of time and effort to make this inn have a warm feel and they did it right. The breakfast alone was worth going back for, it was a feast and still the best yogurt and granola I have ever had!!! We couldn't believe this awesome place was hidden away in this small college town. We almost want to go back to Iowa City just to stay here again because we liked it so much. Shelly felt like our friend by the end of our stay and was full of advice of where to go and what to do. What a charming Inn and town, I hope we have a reason to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ATLgirl37
Reviewed 10 May 2011

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend here and loved it! The breakfasts made with lots of fresh local ingredients were delicious and generous, and we felt quite pampered. The innkeepers really have thought through every detail. A short, pleasant walk to shops, museums, night life--we'd highly recommend Plum Grove! There's more to see in Iowa City than you might think!

Room Tip: Lydia's room--just steps from a lovely balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple