“Fantastic burgers”

Dining options: After-hours
Connecticut
“Fantastic burgers”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

In town just for the weekend and daughter said acquaintance recommended Shorts. (We former IC residents were headed for the Airliner.) Was afraid the burgers would be cooked medium but ordered them medium rare and medium rare they were, with hardly a hint of medium. Just what I want.

The beef is sourced from a Boston Marathon run away. We had a plain cheeseburger, the better to taste the beef. It was fabulous. A daughter ordered the Dundee; another ordered the black bean burger. Everyone was thrilled. The accompanying fries were, to us, ordinary, esp. in light of Five Guys fries. But we just loved the toasted buns and burgers and cheese and came away very happy.

Service was brisk and good on a Saturday noon day.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Iowa City, Iowa
“I wish I could say better...”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Ok first I have to say I LOVE the downtown Shorts...great burgers, great beers, great atmosphere! Eastside, I can say the same EXCEPT the cook there can't serve a burger medium rare to save his life! 3 times I've asked for a medium rare burger and it came out well done! The last time I told them about the previous two times and they said they would make sure it was done correctly. No attempt to correct the matter...looks like it the downtown store for me...to bad I live really close to the eastside store. Get a chef who knows how to cook beef and I will be back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeff K
Cabot, Arkansas
“Best burger”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Great little place that would be right at home on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. One of the best burgers I have ever had. Bartender was great and so was the local beer. Highly recommend if in the area

Visited November 2013
1 Thank goofyernurse
Iowa
“best burger”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stopped at Shorts with a friend before a show at the Englert. We were seated right away, and the service was quick and friendly. I had the burger with bacon/mozzerella/mayo, and it was unbelievable; I think they're cooking them in unicorn butter or something. My pal had the chicken sandwich with avocado/salsa/sour cream and said it was A+. Both came with fries, which were the perfect amount of "done-ness" and tasted nice and potato-y.

I also had a glass of the "Three Toed Dog" - delicious. They have a wide selection of Iowa beers, but drinking here is expensive. The $9 for the sandwich and fries seems pretty fair since I left very full and the food was obviously good quality. I'll definitely come back next time I'm in Iowa City.

Visited November 2013
San Clemente, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I kept hearing how 'great' Shorts was, so I decided to swing in and try their burgers. They have to be one of the best if not the best burger place in the area. I highly recommend going and trying one of their burgers. I had a BBQ burger and fries and both were excellent. I plan to take my wife back with me sometime when we both are craving a hamburger.

• Visited January 2013