“Great burgers”

Stella
Ranked #20 of 249 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Winona, Minnesota
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stella's is a fun restaurant with fresh, homemade goodness. We tried two different burgers and split them and they were fabulous, with fresh cut potato fries...yum!

Visited June 2014

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Friendly service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went with a couple of girlfriends and it was busy. Our server Michael was great, friendly and efficient. My black bean burger was good. My friends liked their chicken sandwich and burger with garlic aoli. Nice neighborhood vibe and great service will make me likely to return.

• Visited June 2014
Mount Vernon, Iowa
“Good service but slipping?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Today was our 3rd or 4th visit to Stella. Lovely atmosphere! Very nice waitress! I ordered the special--a delicious pulled pork--no complaints! But, my husband ordered the burger--supposed to be medium--and it arrived well done and rather hard...kind of like it was over worked.
We really want to love Stella...but the burger should be their signature dish considering they own Shorts Burger and Shine!
We will continue to frequent Stella and hope the food prep is more consistent.
I will say that they comped the burger--no questions asked...thanks!

• Visited May 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great jambalaya!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped in with my son for lunch yesterday and ordered the jambalaya. It was outstanding... full of various meats and very moist and flavorful. I ordered the small size and thought it very generous.... I can't imagine ordering the large. My son had the tenderloin and loved the light and crispy beer batter. We will definitely go back - I want to try some of the other Creole dishes.

Iowa City, Iowa
“In University Heights near Kinnick and Hospital”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This little corner bar and grill is awesome. Friendly staff greets you upon arrival and makes every attempt to please you from the first moment. The food choices are typical of a place like this with hamburgers, tenderloins, etc, but very delicious. It is simply a fun place to meet friends and eat great food. Reminds me of an old Irish pub where friends come to meet.

Visited April 2014