“Dumpy Travelodge”

Travelodge Iowa City
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Iowa City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Maureen L

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was passing through - stayed for just a night. The staff was very friendly, room was basic but clean. It is a 5 minute drive from the center of town, which is close enough. Also is attached to a place that serves food and drinks, so at the end of the night there is no need to drive back into town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When we arrived they didn't have a room available, even though we had already booked one, because there weren't any clean. There is no hot tub like it shows in the pictures. The beds were so hard and uncomfortable. The ceiling was leaking water all over in various places throughout the hotel. They had no towels for swimming and refused to tell me when they would be done drying. The hot water for the shower ran out in a couple minutes. So we had a cold shower and no clean towels. The tv was ancient and the remote wouldn't work. The breakfast selection was very limited and not very good. Overall, a horrible experience I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 113Morgan
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Worst hotel stay ever. Charged $84.00 Got a receipt in the morning for $64.00
Bathroom door would not shut. Could not flush toilet. Had to remove tank cover reach in and pull hard to get it to flush, gross. Rooms are very antiquated. They said they had continental breakfast, phbbpphbb. I usually look forward to that. Went to breakfast all there was, was cold cereal milk orange juice and these mini bagels and mini muffins. Coffee so nasty no one could drink. I watched people try they threw it away. All in all the rooms appear clean and can at least sleep. The hotel still has old dinosaur CRT Televisions

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dadmomdaughterson
Reviewed 10 July 2014

For paying $83.00 I certainly expected better.The beds felt as if they were 30 years old,found a long black hair on a "Clean" towel in the bathroom which did not belong to the rooms current occupants,initially the toilet didn't want to flush,and I woke up with a slightly sore throat.If your single it could be tolerable,but if you have children,prepare to wash their hands frequently and don't let them touch the floor without shoes on.

3  Thank WanderingSunlight
Reviewed 8 July 2014

They weren't welcoming to begin with. We've been here a day and they acted like we didn't need to be there. Our toilet was clogged and wasn't even going to fix it. The room is nasty. Free WiFi? Forget that! They said they would have it fixed by four p.m. this evening, we came back at 9:30 p.m. and they said NO! Its still down! They also said they have a hot tub and heated pool, LIE, we asked the girl if the was one and she shouted "NO!" Will never stay here again.

1  Thank Notahappycamper07
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We're on our way to Colorado to visit family. My husband & I are retired & travel with our 2 small dogs. It is difficult to find pet-friendly motels that don't charge an arm & leg pet "cleaning" fee which is usually non-refundable. Normally I do my homework before booking; read reviews, check policies & fees, etc. This was a short notice trip so, here I sit, on a lumpy mattress, shoes still on because floors are so dirty, swatting flies which are plentiful in this room, and trying to figure out how I am going to sleep without touching the sheets!! Thankfully I have a small blanket in the car. I have no internet as tech support told me it has been suspended here due to lack of payment! My complaints re: lack of wifi & filth of room have fallen on deaf ears. If I thought we could get a refund, I'd be out of here in a flash! Disgusting!!! Do NOT stay here unless you're a fan of The Bates Motel!

1  Thank EvilMomFromHell
#14 of 21 in Coralville
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#7 of 7 in Iowa City

Been to Travelodge Iowa City? Share your experiences!