All reviews room was clean waffle maker biscuits and gravy would stay again indoor pool interstate
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The room smelled like smoke. The air conditioner could wake the dead when it kicked on. And the bed creaked incredibly loud with every movement.

The breakfast was ok, but they price gouged for the Iowa Iowa state game. $190 for a really poor experience. I will not be back. Ever.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Drew01573, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Iowa City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best service and accommodations possible. We will be looking into these issues.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

The price was right for this older property and they have been renovating the rooms (carpet, bathroom fixtures). But, the bathroom smelled faintly of sewage and the WiFi is the worst, the slowest (with dropouts) of any I have encountered in years of travel across the USA. To write this on-line review, I had to use my personal MiFi hotspot.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us. We will be looking into these issues

Reviewed 23 August 2018

The hotel smells like mold. There is mold in the bathroom. I had three spiders in the shower. The customer service at the front desk said that there was nothing that they could do about the air conditioning or the spiders in the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately this time of year in Iowa there is very high humidity which can cause dampness in the hotel. However, after checking your room, I can assure you there was no mold or spiders found. We here at Travelodge strive to provide all of our guests with the best accommodations possible. I hope that you will reconsider the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

The Travelodge in Iowa City was far above the Travelodge in Cheyenne, WY where you registered for your room in Penny's Diner, and there was an old banana left in the room. The Travelodge in Iowa City looked much more impressive> more modern, had an actual check-in desk, and the grounds looked like they were kept up. The room however belied the appearance of acceptability. The 'no-smoking' room smelled like a room at the Orleans Hotel in LV, where you are not allowed to reserve a room unless you smoke a minimum of a pack of cigarettes a day. The bathroom door was closed when I entered> a little unusual until I opened the door to the bathroom and it smelled like a) someone had deposited a dozen dirty diapers and/pot Depends on the floor; b) a minimum of a dozen 6-7 year old boys had a contest as to who could miss the toilet the best, or the cleaning staff had given up on cleaning that particular bathroom in 1967. Disgusting. Like many of you, I look on Hotels.com for good deals on one-night hotel rooms. Believe me, I would have gladly paid $20-30 more for a room that didn't require me to leave the fan on all night and the bathroom door closed for the next unsuspecting sucker who wanted to spend under $100/night for a room.

Room Tip: if you like bathrooms that smell strongly like pee, this is your place..
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

I am so sorry to hear of your experience here. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best service and accommodations possible. We will be looking into these issues

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Traveling through Iowa and planned to visit the Hoover Presidential Library. Check in was smooth, courteous staff. Rooms were large. Rooms were clean. Motel was quiet.
We stayed on second floor. A couple of negatives: wi-fi is offered but was very slow to connect, then wouldn't bring up any website. Just gave up on using the computer. Towels are not luxurious, but not a big issue. Main question I would have about staying a second time is whether internet connection was needed during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and should note that we have fixed the wifi issue. I hope you will come stay with us again the next time you are in the area.